Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Azzar and Mick, did y'all ever do the Slave 1 corner trick?
im about as cooked as mick. i dont think we remember stuff like that, but I remember cruising in the Slave 1. I remember the secrets and reading the secret guide but no memory of completing any except the Flame thrower? Or some type of energy weapon. I remember thinking "this game is cool as fuck, its like a playstation game for nintendo. nintendo doesnt have these games lol. why did they release this exclusive on N64? who conned Lucas Film into this deal"

I remember a ton of secret weapons and hidden easter eggs in that game. Also I remember the Sewer? level was atrocious and I had to keep replaying it over and over again. game was overall hard as fuck and you had to keep restarting at the beginning of the level. No saves allowed.

I can get it on emulator right? Deserves a run-through for nostalgia sake. I want to see if the game is as hard as an adult as it was when a kid. game is hard enough ill prolly ragequit in a day. i think it had cheats hard coded into the game though, hopefully.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 11-02-2017 at 06:30 PM..
Old 11-02-2017, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
idk please elaborate

infact, at this very moment i am just remembering there was a bobafett fight in shadows of the empire and am all excited about it, cus it was awesome.

fuck this game was so good https://youtu.be/JWXLgDRNooo?t=1389
game was also terrifying...that sound effect of being hit is uncanny.

like the CIA designed it to assault our senses. the shit really was disturbing and added an edge to the game.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 11-02-2017, 07:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
game was also terrifying...that sound effect of being hit is uncanny.

like the CIA designed it to assault our senses. the shit really was disturbing and added an edge to the game.
"HUGH!" haha so good

fun fact, I have still not actually beat this game.

When I was a kid, I wanted to 'get my monies worth' out of my games, so Id play on the hardest mode available. Challange mode in this games case.

It was great, extremely challanging game (oh btw I also was 100% on challange points as I made my way through to this sad ending) and extremely rewarding.

however... the second to last level was, some crazy industrial planet, I cant remember exactly. But, it was a VERY challanging level, that took about 25 minuets to get through.

When you die, you lose all your chalange points, so there are NO checkpoints when you play on the dificulty that I set myself up for.

The final boss for that level was some type of droid, that had 3 stages, the 3rd stage had some sort of beam that it out of his face.

This beam, came at you IMIDIATLY at stage 3, and did 100% of your life in damage in less than a second.

It was SO FAST after about 9 or 10 atempts (which is HOURS of playing that same level over and over) I could NEVER figure out the patern, I couldtn even see it, it was like BAM STAGE 3ANNDYOURDEAD start over.

I gave up.

I played it at my friends house, who was playin on medium who had the last level saved, it was a space ship flying level, which were natoriously easy (even on challange mode) and I woudl usually beat them first try without even struggling.. so I knew, all i had to do was beat that fucking industrial driod and I woulda beat the game.

but I never could.

So now I guess I gotta get myself an N64!

PS also same thing happened to me with metal gear solid, that final boss is IMPOSIBRUE on hard mode.. but the game is a BILLION times better, without a mini map (a big difference between hard/medium in that game)

I spent years trying to beat that thing, never could, gave up. So i guess I get to play that game again.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also I remember the Sewer? level was atrocious and I had to keep replaying it over and over again.
lol was it the sewer train? youre like on a train, when you jump you lose ALL YOUR FORWARD MOMENTUM so like, if you jump, the train moves foward, but you stop as it rolls under you, until you land, then u move with the train again lol.

you had to like time your jumps and shit so you didnt like just end up with the train driving off without you while you land on the tracks and die from literally just doing a little bunny hop.

shit was hilarious.
Closed Thread