Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 05:14 PM
Fire Giant

Dammit op check this thread and take my Ishva robe
Old 03-17-2015, 10:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is your enchanter's name?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp187 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made a dark elf enchanter named varomar
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 03-17-2015, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

There are plenty of quests in EQ and one very rich story lines. There is just no overarching story line or hand holding (not to be condescending ^^). You just have to seek them out as others have shared. The P99 wiki is a good resource to get started. As an enchanter I would recommend you do the following:

1. Look up Stein of Moggok on wiki and study the quest.
2. Do quest and receive stein.
3. Sell stein for 250 - 375pp
4. Repeat

You will be able to deck yourself out in CHA gear after 5 or 6 steins. The stein is a nice item too though, so you could just hang onto it if you don't feel like farming the quest ^^
Old 03-17-2015, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnhendrix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a question about EC tunnel buffs/etiquette. I'm new to the server and I was told EC is the spot to be because there are a lot of people and free buffs. However, I wasn't really sure what protocol was when I arrived. I asked a couple times in /ooc, but I didn't want to seem like a whiny beggar or anything. Do people generally announce when they are offering buffs to lowbie's, or are you supposed to ask in /ooc?
Sometimes people announce buffs, but you don't have to wait for that to happen. Usually the front of the tunnel is the de facto buffing area, and if you just show up there and ask nicely in /say someone will help you out. If not, look around the front area for Druids or Shaman (use /who if necessary). Very politely /tell them and ask for buffs, and more often than not they'll be happy to buff you. I'd recommend asking Druids first; both classes can give you SoW and Chloroplast, but only Druids can give you a damage shield (eg. Shield of Thorns) which won't last long but will add a ton of free damage. Shaman can haste and stat buff you, but that doesn't add as much as a damage shield.

The key thing is to always be polite and never expect anything: remember people are there to sell their goods, not for you. You might get turned down or ignored a few times, but this server is full of nice people and if you're persistent you can just about always find buffs. Also, don't be shy about mentioning that this is your first character on the server; people are nicer to true n00bs than to some guy on his fifth alt.

Hope that helps.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:10 PM
Kobold

Enchanters have a VERY high skill cap to be excellent at them and solo some pretty awesome stuff at higher levels. (Also making leveling a ton faster and people loving you)

I would never recommend an enchanter as a first full int caster to someone but if you stick to it and are able to pick up on it them you'll love it. Soloing is as fun as it is scary. The ratio of bad enchanters to good ones on p99 is 10:1 shoot to be a part of the 1 not the 10 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you have any enchanter questions on charming or anything send me a PM I'd be happy to help. I also stream my enchanter on twitch soloing a lot.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dammit op check this thread and take my Ishva robe
Wish I had an Ishva -_-*
Old 03-19-2015, 07:46 AM
Kobold

Oh and 1 more pro tip: start researching as soon as possible. The researched enchanter spells are amazing at all levels especially low levels (16 stun amirite and higher levels 49 aoe mez whaaat) research is a pain in the ass to level so what most people do is just dump their training points into it up until about 150-160. And save all the pages you find. Enchanter research pages are the only ones with numbers e.g. Page 51 left and right ect.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:22 AM
Sarnak

OP said char name was Varomar in his initial post.
Closed Thread