Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 09:46 AM
Fire Giant

Its better on red
Old 06-11-2015, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The restaurant is full, you're sitting alone at a table for six. A couple asks if you mind if they sit at the table, do you say no? See, that's what I'm talking about.
Don't understand. I would never in a million years be open to someone I didn't know sitting at a restaurant table with me. Look, if a restaurant is full, people wait until it isn't or they find another restaurant. Asking to join in is intruding on their dinner and privacy. It's rude. That's the rule of etiquette.
Last edited by myriverse; 06-11-2015 at 10:21 AM..
Old 06-11-2015, 10:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't understand. I would never in a million years be open to someone I didn't know sitting at a restaurant table with me. Look, if a restaurant is full, people wait until it isn't or they find another restaurant. Asking to join in is intruding on their dinner and privacy. It's rude. That's the rule of etiquette.
TIL: rude to ask for a group. Intrusion and bad etiquette. K.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TIL: rude to ask for a group. Intrusion and bad etiquette. K.
lol this guy gets it

Being a Mage has something to do with it too. Even though mage pets shred and are OP at lower levels the morons of this server still don't "want to play with casters" and have absolutely no interest in learning spell mechanics or how to play a caster (besides one that sits on their ass and CHs all day on the EZ ride to 60 and coattails their way into groups in hard Kunark dungeons when they are horrible at EQ) Few Mages on the server due to this idiocy, tons of clerics and Iksar monks due to this idiocy. Before Chardok AOE, there were very few 60 Wizards and Mages.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:28 AM
Aviak

Saw some guys playing a pickup game at the public park basketball courts. I asked if I could join and they said no. What jerks!!
Old 06-11-2015, 11:43 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO the real problem is just that the server is too crowded.

My best advice is to avoid popular spots completely if you normally play during prime time.
Yes this is where the thread was won. Nice post Jolanar.

OP - it sounds like you rolled Blue. If you stated that somewhere and I missed it, sorry.

Regardless, roll Red and this all goes away. People will try and tell you that you'll get PK'ed for days. This is untrue. I didn't get PK'ed until mid 40's. Albeit I rolled an Iksar and there is much less PVP out there at lower levels.

The community feel your referencing is on Red not Blue. There is no poopsocking, even at high levels. For example last night I ran a CoM moat group (not a whiff of PVP) then rolled over to KC for a Verix group. I was given all the Jarsath that dropped and my guildie even sacrificed his own time to port me around after the group was over.

People that trash in Red got PK'ed once or twice and then quit. That could happen to you too but I promise there are far more cool people on Red than there are on Blue.

Oh and a guy that has PK'ed me 10 times in CoM (all fun in PVP) sold me a Canni 3 spell for waaaaaaaay under market value. I had been searching for days. Its a pvp server but we're all cool and like to help.

R99 so Goog.
Last edited by Krule; 06-11-2015 at 11:56 AM..
Old 06-11-2015, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Did you just compare a baby drowning to not getting a group invite from someone on a 16 year old emulated video game?
Old 06-11-2015, 12:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you just compare a baby drowning to not getting a group invite from someone on a 16 year old emulated video game?
Lmao he most certainly did.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:13 PM
Kobold

you come off as one entitled asshat. you would really ask the waitress to sit you with people you dont know in a restaurant instead of doing what 99 percent of normal fucking human beings would do and go the fuck someplace else? wow man, i dont even know what the fuck to say about that shit. that's like elite level lack of self awareness. the world is not about you, it never has been, never will be and you need to stop trying to insert yourself into other peoples lives whether they want you there or not.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:41 PM
Kobold

Some of the replies here make me wonder...

Anyway, you could always try red. People there are almost always looking for more (but you'll get the occasional twink ganker in the hot leveling spots - cb, mm, hhk, com). But, pvp range is 4 levels so with a few hours in a good group, you can out of range them.
Closed Thread