Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 02:27 PM
Aviak

Lightbulb Something I envy RED for...

As a Blue player something I envy Red players for is the RP potential. You could raise your faction with an obscure group of mobs and gank whoever tries to kill them. And many other things. It sounds like good fun.

Do any players do things like this? The server isn't nearly as populated so I find it unlikely, and I figure people come here to PVP and not RP. Still some good RP potential though that Blue lacks in comparison.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

I don't recall much RP, but getting faction in a place like Chardok and then being able to run around with impunity while you shit on people grouping there is fun. They can't chase you into groups of mobs unless they want to CR. Allows you to heal up/rebuff and hit them again.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

There's tons of rp believe it or not
Old 03-14-2017, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Yes basically every aspect of the game has more meaning in PvP and more so in item loot PvP like is being proposed for the reboot classic era server.

A classic murderer move is to have a dark elf in crushbone and faction up with the orcs there and battle with orcs as your allies.

This was like an elite level pk secret back then.

With max ally with guards you can attack players when they sit at guards. If they attack you the guard kills them. Even damage shields will draw guard aggro to defend their ally.

Then of course the gear you wear actually matters in the game for something other than simply pride.

And hundreds of important things to remember regarding how you apply spells to yourself.

And actually playing the game with full range of beneficial spells applied at all times if you are any good.

I don't want to give out many pro tips but the implications are numerous. It's a way better game with PvP enabled. If everyone on blue came to red and 80 percent of them decided to be anti pks like the old days and to cooperate to thrive we would have a pretty exciting server even with no item loot and everything set up the way is now.

That's why guys like me that love eq in general have such a hard time playing blue. Even bad red is just a way richer gaming experience.

Lots of itenms have low or insignificant use but are useful on red because of PvP implications. Literally every part of the game is better including straight RPing
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 03-14-2017 at 03:16 PM..
Old 03-14-2017, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

I stopped reading after "As a blue player".

Fuckoff back to blue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-14-2017, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Lol
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:25 PM
Aviak

Cached in CB would beg for food and drink and only attack if you didn't help him or were an asshole. Pras
Old 03-14-2017, 07:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stopped reading after "As a blue player".

Fuckoff back to blue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
50 players online LOL
Old 03-14-2017, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draulius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
50 players online LOL
Nobody wants you here go spin in the tunnel kid.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draulius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
50 players online LOL
Chill, he was just role playing.
Closed Thread