Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 04:53 AM
Planar Protector

The funny thing here Ravager is that your 'smartest' argument about markets acting according to what we have right here and now and ignore future timeline happenings that all know, like the Donald BP etc, can be used against you. You see, the first thing that will be rallied and hoarded on recycle, is of course Manastone ie my 50k buy is the very first thing coming up for me there lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] since people know it will be removed yet they are okay with selling it to me for as low as 50k, just like the elder beads on blue1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-12-2017, 11:11 AM
Kobold

What have I started here! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

WTB manastone 200k! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-12-2017, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

Recycle server is not a sure thing. It's a volunteer staff working in their hobby. They don't owe anyone anything and they might decide its not worth it.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

How does Schnick get away with trolling so many EC threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnickusaurus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only item that will quickly enough hit 300k is Holgresh Elder Beads,
Assuming this decade-away theory is correct, the exact same thing would happen to Beads, except the supply of beads would be even larger since any Elder can drop them, not one mob in one camp. By the time the servers merged, there would be a huge influx of beads, manastones, lockets, pendants and every other nerfed item that would be farmed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnickusaurus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and thats why i still hold 8x of those
Why buy beads for 150k when you can wait for recycle and farm them yourself, and since it will already be Velious on recycle server you wont even have to wait 2 years for the merge? Right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-12-2017, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Triiz its fair arguments. but the fact that i gambled my 8x beads from 25-30k to now 150-165k while selling stones at average 225k when its level has remained there really proves me right. Im not gonna brag how beads beat due to usefulness etc but really the price development sais it all.

The Manastone supply soon coming up will be extreme, a non-Lore item that farmers will make sure to stack up in 10s of them before they leave the camp to next farmer. You see, most of us did not even get a chance to farm/buy manastones cheap here on blue 1 since we joined the server too late. The recycle will be way different with a huge Manastone rally that will go to the history books . Ive never seen manastones at 30-50k. This can come true soon, i surely hope so [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] we did already see this with beads, cuz it was not just perma farmed but people did not know its usefulness. Also people did not trust that the timeline would be followed ie half year beads droppable. Hence the 25k low on beads. Mark my words: this wont happen again with beads on recycle, cuz now people know and the timeline is technically ensured.

PS. I never said i would keep my beads for all future [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i have said however I will sell it once it hits 300k ish, i think? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] you could add Ravagers 'market act according to today and ignores known future timeline'-argument here since it would make it easier to sell beads blue1 high during the first 1year 8-9 months of recycle while buying cheap manastones 30-50k at recycle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-12-2017, 07:45 PM
Aviak

post evidence they announced the recycle server and that it will be on "strict" timeline. thought so.

They actually DID announce a discord server, though. crickets.

Also, a few years before the merge even looking optimistically. So you really think people are going to enter a hyper inflated market and settle for 50k for their manastone? only if you can brainwash/trick enough people i guess? you got a few years and its clear you've already got started lol.

Let me make this clear, a number of casual players could have 1mil to literally play around with by this time, you think all the players with a ton of money will not compete over the limited supply of stones entering the market (remember, strict timeline)? with a few hundred players sporting a ton of money i don't think anyone with a fresh manastone is dumb enough to sell it for 150k let alone 50k. 150k on merge won't get you a damn thing compared to what 150k will get you now.

I think you assume that 50k is a lot of money but its not, and it won't be to anyone who merges onto the server with a manastone either. The players entering the new market with the manastones have a clear advantage of selling for high because there is a ton of money out there - yes the price will dip a little bit for players wanting quick cash but it will correct and then go higher and higher.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The funny thing here Ravager is that your 'smartest' argument about markets acting according to what we have right here and now and ignore future timeline happenings that all know, like the Donald BP etc, can be used against you. You see, the first thing that will be rallied and hoarded on recycle, is of course Manastone ie my 50k buy is the very first thing coming up for me there lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] since people know it will be removed yet they are okay with selling it to me for as low as 50k, just like the elder beads on blue1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Robble, robble, robble. I'll outbid you if anyone is dumb enough to let it go so cheap. Good luck finding your mark, though.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:18 AM
Planar Protector

Silvurwolf, please read this:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=Nilbog&page=3

Note that there are other posts explaining the technical ensurance of strict timeline for recycle, but this should be enough. I usually win on my gambles, and i would gamble hard that they will merge not only since they said that at other occassions but mainly due to:
-people invested too much in p99 blue 1 and not merging is like a death/wipe then. I for one would quit p1999 all together if they say the new recycle will not merge, since then all i built up would be wasted and i dont like to play if all the people move to recycle which i count 95% will do except from perhaps some FoH / CSG / Rustle style raid guilds.
-everquest is nothing without the people (except from red server apparently) so a merge will always be called for
Old 07-14-2017, 08:22 AM
Kobold

I now have 225k and maybe some trades, anyone?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread