Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"When did you stop beating your wife?" is a classic and widely used example of a loaded question.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question

or type in "when did you stop" into google in incognito mode and look at the top results.

A loaded question is a question with an incorrect built-in assumption used to try to give credence to that incorrect assumption by receiving almost any answer.

The correct "answer" to a loaded question is another loaded question directed at the person asking.

To those who might not be Erudite, I pummeled cd288 over his thick head with his own stupid loaded question approach, which he was too thick to understand was going on.

I didn't bot and no proof has been offered. Oh, except my convo with a GM who confirmed I was actually playing my dudes.

Did these people's mothers not read to them the story of the boy who cried wolf when they were children?
See, you could’ve just said I didn’t bot earlier instead of spending multiple comments rambling about aimless stuff
Old 12-30-2020, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

I mean I gotta be honest maybe there’s gunna be a new sig line describing how to deal
With loaded questions on p99 forum.

I really just want you guys to be pals I feel like our friend castle here would be a great pal on any server. You’d probably catch him collecting all the mqable components of epic quests just to deal em out to his guildies to pump them up.

Hoping for the best in all of you guys don’t disappoint me.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-30-2020, 02:48 AM
Sarnak

LOL.... I searched Google... "when did you stop" and beating your wife was the second option behind some Country Song.
Old 12-30-2020, 03:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do have to agree that it’s pretty interesting that Castle won’t explain why his Alts got sowed and ran into the water and drowned. If you’re not botting, how does that occur?

Yet he can’t provide an explanation and throws out other random responses that don’t relate to the specific situation mentioned.

IMO the reason he won’t deny it and instead posts instructions about how to get people banned, is because he knows he did it and doesn’t want to lie in case someone does have screenshots or video of it etc.
I except some douche bag will accuse me of being a Castle's alt account again, which I'm not, but if you've never drowned in EQ with a character for not paying attention, you've not played long enough.

Last time I did, Gina WA not running (for once), I was at Kedge entrance, summoning EB stones for my group mates, and I was so focused on doing do as fast as I could to prevent their drowning that I did not realize I'd forgotten to use my EB earring until it was too late... They've been making fun of me at the time (you bet), and they still often do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Vaarsuvius; 12-30-2020 at 03:50 AM..
Old 12-30-2020, 08:20 AM
Sarnak

🙄😬
Old 12-30-2020, 08:54 AM
Kobold

Isn't the analogy more: for a 10-month marathon across the country, Usain Bolt spends 9.9 months figuring out how best to tie his shoes, then sprints really, really fast 5/6th of the way there, then stops. Meanwhile, many, many people have already finished?
Old 12-30-2020, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Hellno, dueling metaphors is a fool's errand. People often impute their subjective opinions and values into the metaphors they use.

Code:
Subjective Assessment: Finding a novel way to level that no one has used to the extent I did, then organizing the logistics to make it happen is an easy, simple task like "tying ones shoes"

Subjective Assessment: Only being first to 60 matters, setting a speed record to 50 doesn't.
I will ping your pong once to make my point.

Code:
The average Japanese person walks 3-4 miles every day. Day in, day out. No special training, normal walking shoes, no goal for how fast they walk. Just run-of-the-mill life.

At the Olympics in Japan in 2021, you're going to have Olympians with special gear, special training, and a lot of preparation going 100m in under 10 seconds.

BuT WhAt AbOuT the average Japanese person who's already walked hundreds of 100m stretches? Who cares about the 100m race?

BuT WhAt AbOuT the 800m race? Who cares about the 100m race?
Who cares about a speedrun record for Zelda 1 when people are already beating Zelda 2?

Quote:
  • Q: Record doesn't count because (insert arbitrary reason)
  • A: You're entitled to your opinion. Thanks for sharing.
*PING*
Last edited by Castle2.0; 12-30-2020 at 10:50 AM..
Old 12-30-2020, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

A speed run on Zelda 1 would involve beating the game (IE hitting max level) not who can clear dungeons 1-3 the fastest.

I think people are giving you shit mainly because 1-50 is maybe not even HALF the level process?
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-30-2020, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Bardp1999, the EQ level cap is 115, not 60. Where have you been?

Quote:
Dueling metaphors is a fool's errand. People often impute their subjective opinions and values into the metaphors they use.
Code:
You speedran Zelda1? Zelda1 is not even a fraction of the whole Zelda Series.

You speedran The Zelda Collection? The Zelda Collection is not even a fraction of the Nintendo lineup.

You speedran all Nintendo games? Nintendo games are a minority of console games.

You speedran all console games? Console gaming is inferior #PCMasterRace

Ha, console gamer, gitgud!
Old 12-30-2020, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

the story about sowing his alts so they drowned in the qeynos river was for laughs, not bans. who cares if he botted. half of the people accusing him have botted in the past.

if you care so much about stopping bots you should play on red.
Last edited by Muaar; 12-30-2020 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: Flowers of Happiness is the greatest guild of all times
Closed Thread