Old 01-30-2021, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Default Pet Tracking

This should be Nerfed

This is a game breaking mechanic that ruins the fun of bards druids and rangers

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 01-30-2021, 08:17 PM
Kobold

As someone who pet tracks regularly, I violently agree with you.
Old 01-30-2021, 10:44 PM
Sarnak

What's a druid going to track that they can't already see? :P
Old 01-31-2021, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

Actually in the spirt of "it's classic, bitch", they should expand the ability for non tracking classes to know a mob has spawned.

Originally in EQ you could send named mobs tells, for instance if quillmane was up, you could do:

/tell quillmane your cloak is mine

in quillmane's case it would show a tell being sent to quillmane as if it were a player, and if it wasn't up it would give you an error that the player wasn't found.

Mobs that had more than one word names behaved a slightly differently. Like would need to be sent a tell such as :

/tell the_ghoul_arch_magus_00
or
/tell the_ghoul_arch_magus00

I can't remember which one of these two above syntaxes is correct but one of them is and either are close enough. If the magus was spawned you would NOT get an error but you would not see anything after you sent the tell, if it wasn't up you would get the same error as with quillmane.

Every once in awhile a mobs "true name" was slightly different than the one they hold. It was rare but also happened. You could tell the "true" name of any mob in the game by trying to trade an item to them when they were far away from you, give you the soandso is too far away message. The name given would always be the "true" name.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually in the spirt of "it's classic, bitch", they should expand the ability for non tracking classes to know a mob has spawned.

Originally in EQ you could send named mobs tells, for instance if quillmane was up, you could do:

/tell quillmane your cloak is mine

in quillmane's case it would show a tell being sent to quillmane as if it were a player, and if it wasn't up it would give you an error that the player wasn't found.

Mobs that had more than one word names behaved a slightly differently. Like would need to be sent a tell such as :

/tell the_ghoul_arch_magus_00
or
/tell the_ghoul_arch_magus00

I can't remember which one of these two above syntaxes is correct but one of them is and either are close enough. If the magus was spawned you would NOT get an error but you would not see anything after you sent the tell, if it wasn't up you would get the same error as with quillmane.

Every once in awhile a mobs "true name" was slightly different than the one they hold. It was rare but also happened. You could tell the "true" name of any mob in the game by trying to trade an item to them when they were far away from you, give you the soandso is too far away message. The name given would always be the "true" name.
thats interesting I didnt know this one. must of been nerfed before velious or just wasnt used on my server.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

Ya, I'm not sure it was fixed in velious but it worked all through vanilla/kunark. By velious I had mentally checked out of the game and EQ was totally in "graphical chatroom with old guildies" mode for me.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

Nerf pet tracking!

Artelius Longwood
Old 01-31-2021, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This should be Nerfed

This is a game breaking mechanic that ruins the fun of bards druids and rangers
It actually helps bards and druids...the only way their track is worth anything is by using charmed pets. I couldn't do most of my farm camps with my druid if I couldn't use pet track....

But yes...its dumb and shouldn't be in game.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Considering other non-classic changes to better the raid scene, and better mimic the classic experience, I couldn't possibly agree anymore
Old 01-31-2021, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

I dunno. I like it when people desperately scream "ANYONE SEE QUILLMANE?!" because they know it's up and then have to watch someone else kill it when they finally find it.
Closed Thread