View Poll Results: Merge Green with Blue
Yes 224 68.92%
No 101 31.08%
Voters: 325. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2022, 01:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Voted for merge of population. P99 hasn't been right since the split.

Green was fun for the opening week before people spread out to the larger world. Fighting over single skeleton spawns in noobie zones, feeling like getting full cloth was something, talking smack to completely new players who don't understand Everquest fantasy racism and watching veteran EQ players get raped by the East Commons Griffin (that was the most enjoyable).
Or those god damn air elementals, which after 20 years of this game I only just recently figured out are invis before they aggro you.
Old 01-08-2022, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Voted no. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time on P99 Green, be a shame to call a halt to the project before its time
Old 01-08-2022, 02:12 PM
Banned

That's why I think the ultimate solution (not a creepy nazi reference) has to involve somehow preserving the life of people's existing characters and achievements on the server while also incentivizing people to play on the new vanilla-velious progression server. Anything else just divides the population over and over among more and more concurrent pve servers that are all the same.
Old 01-08-2022, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not interested in limited-lifespan progression servers, and ruining what I am interested in isn't going to change that. Same holds true for just about everyone I know on Blue. I think you're greatly misjudged the population there. The folks who want to continually start over again and again are only a fraction of the greater community.

Danth
Old 01-08-2022, 04:05 PM
Kobold

Personally I'm shocked at how many continued to play on blue, and as I write this there's actually more on blue than green. I believe too many people treat it as their life's work rather than the sip of nostalgia it should be. It's sad to see. Like mainlining WoW classic in 2022 even though you played it for years at launch and could be playing other - superior - games instead.

Still, one can't argue that these people don't want to spend every day of their life until they die farming ToV/ST as there are indeed more on blue than green, proving that they do. So then if green's nostalgia has been replaced by pixel obsession on blue what's the meaning of green at this point? The only major difference between the servers appears to be that it's two separate groups of raiders who don't want to share raid pixels, right?

Not that voting matters. I don't think they'll alter their plans and it wouldn't change anything besides when the next green launches.
Old 01-08-2022, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Either server has plenty of folks who are there for various reasons. Many of my currently-active friends on Blue started on there *after* green opened. As for pixels...I don't have any temple veeshan drops, haven't been in the zone in years, and have no desire to do so. As for green, it's fun for a certain type of player, but I don't like limited-lifespan progression servers. It's not for me. I suppose the folks who log in only for nostalgia can't understand the folks who log in because they actually enjoy the game for its own sake even compared to modern alternatives. If I felt like there was a "superior" game out there I'd be playing it instead of this one.

Danth
Old 01-08-2022, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Not sure why people are surprised people still play on blue. I was playing on blue for years before Green came out, and I don't have the time or inclination to start over. Green really isn't much different from Blue other than a chance at legacy items and crappier UI lol. Now that legacy items are all but locked on Green now, there really is no point in starting on Green.
Old 01-09-2022, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I'm shocked at how many continued to play on blue, and as I write this there's actually more on blue than green. I believe too many people treat it as their life's work rather than the sip of nostalgia it should be. It's sad to see. Like mainlining WoW classic in 2022 even though you played it for years at launch and could be playing other - superior - games instead.

Still, one can't argue that these people don't want to spend every day of their life until they die farming ToV/ST as there are indeed more on blue than green, proving that they do. So then if green's nostalgia has been replaced by pixel obsession on blue what's the meaning of green at this point? The only major difference between the servers appears to be that it's two separate groups of raiders who don't want to share raid pixels, right?

Not that voting matters. I don't think they'll alter their plans and it wouldn't change anything besides when the next green launches.
Why are you surprised? The fun part about Green was everyone starting from scratch, having so many people online that people were grouping at random goblin and derv camps like in the old days. Leveling in the old world dungeons with lots of people because the world wasn’t spread out.

Once you’ve leveled up a couple chars and gotten some gear and the server is coming close to Velious there’s no real reason to play on Green. It’s basically the same experience at that point and why not play where you have more established characters
Old 01-09-2022, 05:48 AM
Sarnak

merge!
Old 01-09-2022, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I felt like there was a "superior" game out there I'd be playing it instead of this one.

Danth
20+ years of the competition trying to be anti- (original) Everquest when it's all I wanted.
Y2K era game engines.

https://twitter.com/TaffingAbout/sta...791184/photo/1

https://twitter.com/SandersonRita_/s...00973905858563

https://twitter.com/SandersonRita_/s...54134758293505

https://twitter.com/retrogamespics/s...79000492105735

https://twitter.com/NightdiveStudio/...67046499557379

https://twitter.com/felipepepe/statu...44804177477632

the only one that shows any sign of hope.

Level designs seems better with the old game engines, perhaps due to their simplicity, the designers had more time to spend elsewhere besides uncanny valley pixar movies?