Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2022, 03:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one plays red, hope that helps.
Stop talking.
Old 01-10-2022, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCtastic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With a 16 hour window it'll likely spawn when you are awake throughout the day. All you have to do is be online the entire time and you'll have a chance.
You should read my other posts in this thread, instead of just skimming the first page[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You certainly do not need to do anywhere near a 16 hour sock on any mob. I have killed plenty of Dragons without any socking. You log in, and 30 minutes or an hour later it spawns. If you can play for 2 or 3 hours on a specific day you have a decent shot at seeing the mob spawn. If your guild is good about keeping timers you can check if the mob is up before you log in too. Literally everything is done for you by other people, I am not sure what more you could want.

The only two times I have done a full 16 hour sock was when I was turning in my Gauntlets of Dragon Slaying and Boots of Silent Striding. In both cases Tormax and Gozzrem spawned about 5 minutes before the window closed hehe, so I was there for the full 16 hours. The game certainly hated me then.
Old 01-10-2022, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

A player can fight dragons on P1999 any time he likes. If a player wants a specific dragon he wants it for the loot it drops, not for the encounter itself. P1999 dragons all fight in more or less the same general manner and all that differs between them are the sizes of the numbers and maybe their specific gimmicks. Dragon A might only do AE damage, dragon B might add in a gravity flux, and dragon C might silence while dragon D has an AE damage-over-time in addition to its direct damage. Dragon E might fear. Whoopee.....that's six of one, half dozen of the other, and once you've done a few of them you've effectively seen them all.

Fighting temple veeshan dragons with 80+ people was dramatically easier for me than duo'ing west wastes dragons with the wife. Bigger numbers on the named are more than canceled out by proportionally even larger player numbers.

Just say "no" to staring at walls. You don't need those pixels to enjoy the game.
Old 01-10-2022, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should read my other posts in this thread, instead of just skimming the first page[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You certainly do not need to do anywhere near a 16 hour sock on any mob. I have killed plenty of Dragons without any socking. You log in, and 30 minutes or an hour later it spawns. If you can play for 2 or 3 hours on a specific day you have a decent shot at seeing the mob spawn. If your guild is good about keeping timers you can check if the mob is up before you log in too. Literally everything is done for you by other people, I am not sure what more you could want.

The only two times I have done a full 16 hour sock was when I was turning in my Gauntlets of Dragon Slaying and Boots of Silent Striding. In both cases Tormax and Gozzrem spawned about 5 minutes before the window closed hehe, so I was there for the full 16 hours. The game certainly hated me then.
Exactly this. You just have to be willing to get to level 60, and you might have to put in some effort in your early few weeks of trial when you're online to get to full membership.

But after that no guild on P99 has required raid attendance, you can show up on your schedule as you please for as long as you want and you aren't getting kicked out. You just aren't going to be swimming in the best loot or be a superstar in your guild, but if all you want is to see the content it is all there for you.

The uber guilds here aren't picky like they were in 2001, they can't afford to be, the playerbase is limited and attrition and churn on P99 is a constant fact of their rosters.
Old 01-10-2022, 10:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can kill dragons, but to be a level 60 dragon killer you had to be insane on live, and you have to be insane here too.

red server allows better access to dragon killing and has faster EXP so I high recommend playing red for getting PVE pixels as counter intuitive as that seems.
there's one problem:

red server is cringe
Old 01-10-2022, 10:44 PM
Fire Giant

cOnSiDeR Teal
Old 01-10-2022, 10:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The biggest hurdle for most people is just finishing the grind to 60
Yeah, this. It kinda sucks watching the world get whittled away into smaller and smaller chunks of stuff that still gives exp. And I was very mentally unprepared for how long 51-60 is, especially if you are still clinging to the scraps of stuff that barely gives exp

Also, I discovered (but should have suspected) that you don’t get any exp on raids, if anything you will lose a tiny bit of exp if you die and get a rez later. There’s an exp group that is doing the majority of the damage and if you aren’t high level you prolly ain’t in it

The possible exp spots get even smaller when you play at weird hours for short bursts like me and thus have to solo in relatively safe spots that won’t create a nightmare CR situation…
Old 01-10-2022, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop talking.
He's not wrong though
Old 01-10-2022, 11:50 PM
Sarnak

Did the mods delete the only juicy RnF thread in months?
Old 01-11-2022, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, this. It kinda sucks watching the world get whittled away into smaller and smaller chunks of stuff that still gives exp. And I was very mentally unprepared for how long 51-60 is, especially if you are still clinging to the scraps of stuff that barely gives exp

Also, I discovered (but should have suspected) that you don’t get any exp on raids, if anything you will lose a tiny bit of exp if you die and get a rez later. There’s an exp group that is doing the majority of the damage and if you aren’t high level you prolly ain’t in it

The possible exp spots get even smaller when you play at weird hours for short bursts like me and thus have to solo in relatively safe spots that won’t create a nightmare CR situation…
It sounds crazy but the more toons you level to 60 the more you just take the 51 to 60 in stride but yeah by most people or modern game standards it seems pretty mental.

If you want positive xp gain on raids you pretty much have to be a 55+ rogue, maybe a charm ench in some farm type raids.

The camp problem and play times thing is a tricky thing of course. Obviously affected by your class, solo capability, duo desirability, etc. I'd say most solo classes can find ways to get xp to 60 pretty consistently. Not sure how short these bursts are but yeah its better to be able to dig in for an hour or two at a time.
Closed Thread