Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 03-13-2022, 04:05 PM
Orc

Send a message via AIM to adm5893 Send a message via Yahoo to adm5893
Question Ice Giants camp

There are three Ice Giants in Everfrost Peaks zone. One towards the back near the entrance of Permafrost Zone entrance and two further to the west; one in the north tower and one in the south tower.

Is there two "camps" one for the "Back" near Permafrost and the other for the "Front" for the two towers?

Or is there a total of three camps due to the area being considered outdoors.
Old 03-13-2022, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

There's player convention, and then there's server-mandated rule. Typically players treat all the giants, or at least the front two, as a single camp.

However, as an outdoor zone technically each player can only claim a single giant spawn ... IF there are three players all wanting to do ice giants at once.

See https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=325349

Quote:
Open Outdoor Zones can be anything from Western Wastes, Karanas or West Commons. There are no staff recognized camps for this zone type outside of single spawn points. Examples of single spawn types might be Ocean of Tears Ancient Cyclops, Iceclad Ocean Stormfeather, or Qeynos Hills Hadden. Though, any single spawn point can be claimed, that is the only spawn you can hunt (if being contested). If you are to claim this point you must get aggro/First to Encounter (FTE) within a reasonable amount of time.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-13-2022, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Almost any time I pass the giants they are being shared by 2 or more players. I assume soloing, but perhaps in a group with each player tending a spawn of their own.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 03-13-2022, 08:23 PM
Banned

Ya ppl do them for static afk pp. So they usually don't fight.

Red99 is where to go if you want all three.
Old 03-13-2022, 10:33 PM
Sarnak

I've noticed it's pretty rare that someone throws the book at me and demands to split the front giants, but it does happen once in a while. Like Loramin said they're technically separate camps.
Old 03-13-2022, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost any time I pass the giants they are being shared by 2 or more players. I assume soloing, but perhaps in a group with each player tending a spawn of their own.
Yeah I agree almost never seen one person monopolizing all the giants. I feel like it’s pretty much convention that they are multiple camps
Old 03-13-2022, 11:30 PM
Sarnak

Leveled my mage from 45-55 on IG camp. Such an awesome camp to simultaneously level a COTH mage while farming a shit ton of wort pots for your primary raider.

It’s a gentleman’s agreement, like most camps in EverQuest should be. When I was level 45 I could hardly do the one back giant. By the time I was level 52 or so I could pretty easily keep all three down but if someone ever showed up they’d always take the back one and I would message them when I was leaving and ask if they’d like the fronts.

In all that time I only had one bad experience where someone just blatantly attempted to steal the giants I was camping and a GM had to intervene. If someone really wants to lawyer quest they can claim one of the front giants as a camp and that is their right per server rules.
Old 03-13-2022, 11:33 PM
Fire Giant

On live i remember having a great time there sometimes even forming 2-3 man groups to down them. On p99 though it was polar opposite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] i had someone throw quite the tantrum in 2014 or so cause they were killing all 3 and didn’t want to share. It was slightly funny at least.
Old 03-15-2022, 11:15 PM
Kobold

I specifically spoke with a GM about this issue. I had the front two giants, and a mage rolled up and told me to pick one since he was taking the other. He certainly could have handled it better, but I reached out to a GM who informed me that each Ice Giant in Everfrost is a single camp.
Old 03-19-2022, 09:59 AM
Orc

Send a message via AIM to adm5893 Send a message via Yahoo to adm5893

Thank you all for your feedback.