Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-03-2022, 02:32 AM
Orc

You need to assemble a good PC so that games do not freeze and you also don’t need to forget about drivers
Old 06-22-2022, 08:00 PM
Sarnak

Default dgVoodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorylap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this post is old, but I've been struggling with:

1) When I first came to P99, I had nonstop blackscreens in the middle of fighting/walking. I could still hear the movement around me, but I couldn't type or use commands or anything. Only Alt+Enter force closing worked. So, per the advice on the forums, I got WinEQ2. ---->#2

2) I ran WinEQ2, and I had less crashes, but tonight, I started having crashes in Frontier Mountains, galore. I died once, and I should have died more times. I couldn't break invis, so I realized either I couldn't play in this zone or I had to investigate. After nonstop searching for a while, I randomly came to this post.

I did exactly as was written on the front page about x86 and all that jazz and made sure it worked and after removed the watermark. Well, amazingly, the crashes stopped immediately (I could no longer use WinEQ2 after this, which is fine by me). So, an issue that was literally affecting me so badly I wasn't sure I could continue playing was fixed because of this issue. I know I'm not the only one suffering here. Please, get this fixed if you have this issue.

did you try the dgVoodoo wrapper. you could be running a 3080Ti with a 10-core CPU and EQ could still be crashing because it was written for direct X8 or 9?
Try the dgVoodoo. its in this post

HTH
Old 06-23-2022, 01:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohakuIto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need to assemble a good PC so that games do not freeze and you also don’t need to forget about drivers
Some people cant afford to do that or are unable due to a myriad reasons. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I really like threads with people finding solutions, it helps a lot , specially due to how weird eq can be sometimes hehe
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 07-13-2022, 02:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by digush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is THE_FIX!

Thank you dgVoodoo!!

http://dege.freeweb.hu/

don't worry about the dangerous warning

its a legit site

- http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html

then

- http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2_64.zip

zip password is "shitgoogle"

look in the zip (notice directx 8 and directx 9) and extract the following files to your to your EQ base directory

- dgVoodoo2_64\MS\x86\D3D8.dll
- dgVoodoo2_64\MS\x86\D3D9.dll
- dgVoodoo2_64\MS\x86\D3Dlmm.dll
- dgVoodoo2_64\MS\x86\DDraw.dll

This fix will prevent those crashes where it says: "ResetDeviceFailed()" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can even lock (CTRL+ALT+DEL) your computer and un-lock with zero crashes!!

I would say don't use WinEQ with dgVoodoo because you will get crashes at the login screen sometimes ...unless you play on blue and green simultaneously and simply need WinEQ
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WOOOT[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For what it is worth, for others having this problem, all my issues were solved by this.

Video here
Old 05-04-2023, 05:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Looks like the link is down, anyone have an alternative?
Old 05-04-2023, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by forks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like the link is down, anyone have an alternative?
For dgvoodoo? It's up:

http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo/dgVoodoo/

-Mcoy