Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 06:06 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Would donations speed up new server launch?

I'd easily donate $10,000 for a new server. Playing EverQuest is a comparably cheap hobby. No girlfriend, no expenses.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mus3t11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'd have to talk to Daybreak Games and have them lift the sanctions on Project 99. Currently no new emulated servers can be created by staff, that's why the Discord server isn't around.
^Fake news.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mus3t11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'd have to talk to Daybreak Games and have them lift the sanctions on Project 99. Currently no new emulated servers can be created by staff, that's why the Discord server isn't around.
Please post source of this sire

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Mead; 07-21-2017 at 09:11 AM..
Old 07-21-2017, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This may not be official news, but I would bet it's pretty spot on. Daybreak launched 4 new progression servers since it played nice with p99 and let them keep the servers up. I bet, based on how they forced p99 to push back velious release, that they also requested p99 not make any new servers either. Obviously speculation, but come on. No info on teams, discord, or green/recycle 99. When we used to get updates on it until daybreak entered the picture.

Just sayin'

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 07-21-2017, 06:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This may not be official news, but I would bet it's pretty spot on. Daybreak launched 4 new progression servers since it played nice with p99 and let them keep the servers up. I bet, based on how they forced p99 to push back velious release, that they also requested p99 not make any new servers either. Obviously speculation, but come on. No info on teams, discord, or green/recycle 99. When we used to get updates on it until daybreak entered the picture.

Just sayin'
I'm not certain this is true. However, that may be what the staff wants. I have seen posts from Nilbog saying things like, "Fixed for the new server" and these are posts AFTER the Daybreak agreement had already been made. So, no one really knows.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

If you got 10k why not just launch your own project. For that money you could be the next Roegan.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-21-2017, 07:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you got 10k why not just launch your own project. For that money you could be the next Roegan.
That's definitely not true. You know how long it would take a couple of developers to make all of the changes they have made to the original EQEmu code? It would take a long ass time, and it would cost you a ton of money. You could probably start a P99 server that wasn't as good, and without the changes though.

However, it would be amazing if they added some "donate for this cause" or "donate to get this updated faster" or "donate to get a new server running sooner" type of fund raising where they could hire some developer to work on a task for some $$ and get it completed more quickly. But, they never will because I'm certain Daybreak would not be happy. And, no I'm NOT saying they add this type of fund raising for ANY change, but just to speed up the plans to which they have already committed or planned to implement.
Last edited by wwoneo; 07-21-2017 at 07:14 PM..
Old 07-21-2017, 07:15 PM
Kobold

If someone made a copy of P99 in terms of accuracy, disallowed boxing the way its done here AND got 1000+ players to play it would certainly be a success.

The drawback likely is that it wouldnt be hostable in the US/Canada for legal reasons and not having a sub 100 ping might be enough for some people to say "no thanks" (I play fine with a 320 ping but I'm sure there's ping snobs)
Old 07-21-2017, 07:15 PM
Banned

staff keeps confirming a new server will come. sure it won't be as soon as you want it. buckle up for the long haul or join a live progression.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:21 PM
Kobold

A lot of people I know who tried the new progression server aren't still playing, I think its because there's too much a difference between 1999 EQ and what they're offering there.
Closed Thread