Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 07:16 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While we're talking about camps, I had someone who was fully convinced Nybright sisters was one camp. I thought you could only camp a single spawn point outdoors and checked PnP which accorded with that.

I asked for one of the mobs and was knocked back - they outlevelled me a lot so I wans't up for a competition and I wasn't too keen to get staff involved over something so petty. The player wasn't a d*ck about it but they clearly felt that they were 100% in the right.

So who is in the right?
This camp is usually a solo camp of all 4 mobs. Has always been this way that I have seen even back on live. Most of us duo it to be nice, some do not. When someone is there, communicate and ask for next in line. Sometimes they will ask you to join them, sometimes they will not. The more you share the more you will see sharing from others.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:30 AM
Sarnak

I get that it has typically been this way. I've camped it solo before too.

I asked to join this person but that wasn't OK for them. Even told me off a bit about keeping my reputation intact to dissuade me from making a big deal about it (lol). Later when I inherited the camp I grabbed a few extra to trio it because I'm not that greedy for platinum and it's easier at a lower level to do it that way.

But arguably this camp is now even more popular than it was on blue, and for most classes pretty easy to solo. If staff see it as "one camp" then fine, no worries, it's up to a person to 'be nice' and share it. But if the PNP applies, then the person who walks off and lets the one camping it have all the mobs is the one 'being nice'.

At the end of the day, just a few mangy plat pieces, but I do wonder.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While we're talking about camps, I had someone who was fully convinced Nybright sisters was one camp. I thought you could only camp a single spawn point outdoors and checked PnP which accorded with that.

I asked for one of the mobs and was knocked back - they outlevelled me a lot so I wans't up for a competition and I wasn't too keen to get staff involved over something so petty. The player wasn't a d*ck about it but they clearly felt that they were 100% in the right.

So who is in the right?
Look, outdoor rules are set up the way they are to help staff. Yes, by the rules, only a single spawn may be "camped". But, and I can not stress this enough, don't be a dick.

We, the players, have a very different view on what a camp is. The Nybrights are a camp, imho. If they spawned in Guk, no one would question it is a camp. If a single person can hold down all four, leave them too it. Honestly, the number of people on these forums looking to LawyerQuest someone else's camp is insane.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:02 AM
Sarnak

I specifically didn't lawyerquest anything in-game because it's a waste of time and energy. I did leave them to it, mate. But forums are for discussion - that's why we're here.

So by forcing the person monopolising arguably one of the best plat farming spots for levels 12-16 to share (even just one spawn point), I'd be the dick?

Like I said - no intention of doing so because I just walk away from ElfSim disputes entirely. But it's interesting to see perspectives on this.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuktus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look, outdoor rules are set up the way they are to help staff. Yes, by the rules, only a single spawn may be "camped". But, and I can not stress this enough, don't be a dick.

We, the players, have a very different view on what a camp is. The Nybrights are a camp, imho. If they spawned in Guk, no one would question it is a camp. If a single person can hold down all four, leave them too it. Honestly, the number of people on these forums looking to LawyerQuest someone else's camp is insane.
Damn dude just group with him and share the plat
Old 11-18-2019, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

You're talking about challenging for single spawns of one of the most lucrative camps in classic, when lvl 1's defend their single camp decaying skelly camp due to competition.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
I specifically didn't lawyerquest anything in-game because it's a waste of time and energy. I did leave them to it, mate. But forums are for discussion - that's why we're here.

So by forcing the person monopolising arguably one of the best plat farming spots for levels 12-16 to share (even just one spawn point), I'd be the dick?

Like I said - no intention of doing so because I just walk away from ElfSim disputes entirely. But it's interesting to see perspectives on this.
I didn't mean to offend. What I meant to say is that sharing and forcing people to share has been a very common theme in many of the discussions I have been participating in here on the forums.

To your question, yes, you would be in that situation. If someone is able to hold both EEs in gorge, both treants in SK, guards in Lake Rathe, 4 spire gnolls, Millers, toll booth guards, however many Feerrot specs they are claiming, etc, leave them to it. Most players recognize these camps, even if the devs don't. As I said before, if any of these camps were in a dungeon, no one would question they are a camp. The rules exist to make the jobs of the devs easier, so to anyone else who, unlike Mr. Quinas here, will try to lawyer their way into someone else's camp, don't.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuktus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't mean to offend. What I meant to say is that sharing and forcing people to share has been a very common theme in many of the discussions I have been participating in here on the forums.

To your question, yes, you would be in that situation. If someone is able to hold both EEs in gorge, both treants in SK, guards in Lake Rathe, 4 spire gnolls, Millers, toll booth guards, however many Feerrot specs they are claiming, etc, leave them to it. Most players recognize these camps, even if the devs don't. As I said before, if any of these camps were in a dungeon, no one would question they are a camp. The rules exist to make the jobs of the devs easier, so to anyone else who, unlike Mr. Quinas here, will try to lawyer their way into someone else's camp, don't.
Again this is a MULTIPLAYER game... Don't be a weirdo and if someone wants to do a camp share it with them... Group and make a friend!
Old 11-18-2019, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah but that mindset works better when mobs are spread out and you dont have like 20 people after the same thing.

While it's a dungeon, unrest and HHK are prime examples. On blue, if a group in unrest is at gazeebo, they can basically lay claim to that side of the house cause there's rarely so many people that they have to go crazy for mobs. In classic servers, there can be like 30+ people in yard with 10 people running laps around the house FTEing mobs. HHK in blue is one goblin camp, while classically its 4 camps.

It's just a matter of available mobs and how many people want them.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
By forcing them to share, you now turn this into a mediocre plat farming spot for the both of you. You can have a mediocre plat farming spot anywhere, so this would be a spite move. If you ask for a cc and someone replies sisters, it's because that's a recognized camp from classic.
Closed Thread