Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Will Trump Leave On His own?
Yes 41 36.28%
No 72 63.72%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaetatus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s funny how WW2 and the Holocaust are “Oh, just racial superiority stuff”, that really shows your immense bias.

I don’t need to be ‘more specific’, the job most certainly isn’t done, that should be blindingly obvious to anyone who realises we don’t live in a fair and equal society and that there are countries that are way way worse than ours even for this sort of thing.
You can play the WW2/etc angle either way. Chairman Mao and his buddies killed more people on their own in the name of leftist progress than all of WW2 did. We don't need such arguments though--we can all agree that those are terrible ends on either side of the spectrum. At least I hope we can. Is mass killing jews any worse than mass killing kulaks? It's pointless. Arguing such extremes only distracts from the pertinent issues at hand.

Whether the job's done or not depends on the job. What is or isn't done was not my point--only that reformists need to be able to recognize when their goals are achieved lest they morph into something unrecognizable. My daughter's ridiculous (and all too real) science lesson I mentioned before seems, to me anyway, as a flagrant slippery slope case of good intentions run amok. Does that mean all tasks, everywhere, are finished? Of course not. Some other jobs aren't just incomplete, but have been utterly forgotten about: The deforestation of places like the Amazon proceeds virtually unchecked and the oceanic plastic trash patches grow ever-larger.

A very relevant and pertinent example: Militarization of the police. This started out its slow progress decades ago when police with their .38 6-shooters were routinely being outgunned by the bad guys. That was a very real and legitimate problem--but they closed that gap decades ago, at this point. It's not a problem anymore. Nobody accepted the job was accomplished and mission creep set in. Now we have podunk small town PD's around here armed with AR-15's that'll happily shoot through cinderblock walls and kill people on the other side--why exactly? "Officer safety" has morphed into "Kill that dude if he scares me." Failing to recognize the job was finished resulted in creation of a new problem arguably worse than the original one.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 11-15-2020 at 01:08 PM..
Old 11-15-2020, 01:04 PM
Kobold

You use your tongue prettier than a $20 whore
Old 11-15-2020, 01:12 PM
Banned

I’m in agreement with Danth here, I often reply on mobile and can’t be bothered to flesh out my ideas as well that way.
Old 11-15-2020, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

CONCEDE
Old 11-15-2020, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the left hasn’t gone too far so let’s not define it so we can continue until we achieve a nameless goal at all costs.

My point about the right is to make a line in the sand when we all an ideology has gone too far and needs to be stopped. As you showcased the left refuses to admit that they can even go too far...until...whoops we killed millions of people.
You really fail to see the total disconnect between 'the left' as in liberal values, LBTQ and minority rights and 'the left' as in Marxist totalitarian regimes. It doesn't surprise me but really, have a think.
Twerp - Ogre Shaman
Numpty - Halfling Warrior
Tosser - Gnome Enchanter
Old 11-15-2020, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

If we were to suppose that the beast of the earth was America (the last empire on earth that will bring upon the end of _____). There are some inconsistencies with the way things are going.

Quote:
The beast from the earth, called in later visions "the false prophet" (16:13; 19:20; 20:10), is in no way a rival or a competitor of the beast from the sea, but on the contrary is strictly subordinate to the first beast. Its mission is not to exalt itself or to demand worship for itself, but solely to make sure that the earth's inhabitants worship the first beast (vv. 14-15).
If the first beast is Rome, who is going to make people worship rome? Thats just rediculous, although, that's the whole "republic" thing regarding America I always ramble about. How people collectively thinking of America as a "republic" and not a democracy, may be creating an image of rome for Americans to worship with patriotic prayer.

With trump I was like, yeesh, this may be it! Jarred Kushner's building address, the embassy in Jerusalem, the covid and then he got healed and suddenly people are calling him the chose one. It was all lining up to be pretty biblical lol

But now that trump lost and has such low T that cant be it after all. Now a electoral win, with a high T trump and 70 million Americans saying "America is a republican not a democracy!"

That might be the final Trumpet. But I dont see it happening.

But if so, that'd be some good chriance-fiction right there!
Last edited by Jibartik; 11-15-2020 at 03:11 PM..
Old 11-15-2020, 03:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnabusCollins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You said the perfect words. Seek Jesus. I cannot explain his goodness in words. He helps me in a way the people just can't. I wish I could explain it.

Sometimes, he comes in me and speaks thru me. That's always special when it happens. And then I'm back to imperfect normal me.

I need to elaboeate. Today I went from VERY angry at God (for taking my beloved parents from me) to delighted by God for letting me know not only them but all the dead are one with him now and forever in spirit everlasting existence. He was nice enough to not le me cry he knows I hate crying. Feels good.
You need to seek therapy. Jesus speaks through you? So I suppose you believe you are receiving divine assistance in your beliefs, thus confirming all the crazy shit you believe to be correct.

If you are sane (highly unlikely) you should also revisit your thoughts on this as they contradict your religion. Claiming jesus speaks through you is blasphemy.
Old 11-15-2020, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by auura [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need to seek therapy. Jesus speaks through you? So I suppose you believe you are receiving divine assistance in your beliefs, thus confirming all the crazy shit you believe to be correct.

If you are sane (highly unlikely) you should also revisit your thoughts on this as they contradict your religion. Claiming jesus speaks through you is blasphemy.
True, there is only one Vicar of Christ and he does not share power. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-15-2020, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

did somebody say vicar of christ?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
It is true. Since the time of the Protestant Reformation, some anti-Catholic apologists have claimed that Revelation 13:18 refers to the pope as the enemy of the true faith. His title, they say, is Vicarius Filii Dei (Vicar of the Son of God). Using the value of Roman numerals, the sum of the letters in that title is 666.

Here’s how the calculation works. As in Greek and Hebrew, some Latin letters are used for numbers. “I” = 1; “V” = 5; “X” = 10; “L” = 50; “C” = 100; “D” = 500; “M” = 1000. Letters that have no numerical value are to be ignored in calculating the numerical significance of a name. The letter “U” is treated as “V.” Since there is no “W” in Latin, it is rendered as “VV.”

The Latin title Vicarius Filii Dei, then, would be VICARIVS FILII DEI. Now apply this numbering scheme to it. You get these numbers: 5 (V) + 1 (I) + 100 (C) + 1 (I) + 5 (V) + 1 (I) + 50 (L) + 1 (I); + 1 (I) + 500 (D) + 1 (I). The total is 666.
Old 11-15-2020, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just curious, isnt your husband just a gay man? I.e. since you're a trans dude doesn't that just make him a gay dude still?

Just a question, no hate.

Always found it sort of odd within the gay community that people end up in feminine and masculine relationships.

I.e two dudes get together and one is the male, and one is the female.
I think you're confused, im a trans girl not dude. he's straight, or a pan gynophile, or whatever you wanna call it. I think he'd bang a sufficiently hot twink but that's just because he's not braincucked. But he never dated one. def into women.

He used to live with a bunch of stripper girls (and borderline mom) and knows how to manage estrogen brains pretty amazingly well - hehe. I dated plenty of gay men in my past life and none of them were like him at all. It's just a fact that he's str8, his psychology is totally different. He's also alpha enough / chivalrous enough to treat appropriately a woman "the boys" might hector him for loving (ie, he loves women more than men unlike most "str8 fuckboys", who tend to be nutswingers). he's a dream boat. Sidebar, being appreciated by a straight man and having his hands and body and killer instinct pull you to pieces with sheer desire every night is a heaven unlike anything available to gayz, no ofense gayz.
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 11-15-2020 at 04:35 PM..
Closed Thread