Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Banned

Where's your proof otherwise?
Old 04-02-2012, 01:15 AM
Banned

anyone who thinks giants where charmable is just a full blown retard heh. but whatever though, makes the encounter easyer for us.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where's your proof otherwise?
Old 04-02-2012, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
anyone who thinks giants where charmable is just a full blown retard heh. but whatever though, makes the encounter easyer for us.
Yeah, "full blown retard". I'm sure the detailed post made during the classic era was just fabricated. There are also old everlore posts that confirm they were charmable but currently the server that hosts the wayback machine's everlore archives is down, so only later will I be able to link it, but it's there. Either way the post I linked is evidence enough. It's certainly better than no evidence, which is what you and Salty provided.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 04-02-2012, 01:40 AM
Banned

No evidence?

Ya bro, we hang around people every single day that have been in plane of fear before there were any character models on any NPC.

Do you think we can't go "Hey bro was soandso charmable?" and they have more weight than any person that has ever played everquest in the whole entire world.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:42 AM
Banned

If you can come to me and be all like "hey this random faggot said so on Allakha" I can link you the first 5 kills on Nagafen that no one in the entire everquest servers combined have done with an authentic interview saying "nah bro we couldnt charm FGs."

You fucking dumb bro
Old 04-02-2012, 02:45 AM
Planar Protector

No sense arguing with retards Wolfram.

The whole dynamic of EQ has changed since back then. Everyone was just learning the game, seldom did anyone actually think outside the box and press all their class abilities to the limit. I know when we did content 3 years in to EQ, we used all kinds of strats and tech that we'd never dreamed of trying when EQ first came out. Not because we couldn't but just because it seemed too risky.

Charming high level mobs is terribly problematic. Unless you have a group dedicated to helping the enchanter via heals, debuffs and so forth, you will end up with nothing but dead enchanters and a loose FGs stomping your raid. Just ask Holo.