Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli Pops [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No Erudites irks me.
Norrath will be a safer place
Old 08-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Antonica has more temperate forests (Kithicor) and Kunark is more tropical rainforests (EJ). They were going for a totally different style and color palette on Kunark. It's for the same reason you don't want a band you like to keep making the same exact CD over and over again.
actually I would have loved Metallica to keep making Master Of Puppets and And Justice For All over and over again.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like how the smaller the model/race, the larger the armor and weapons.

Big-ass vahshir with hands the size of a dwarf? Sword is as long as his arm and normally proportioned.

110-pound human in lingerie? Swinging a 6-foot hammer with a 100-pound mallet head.
110-pound dark elf in lingerie? Wearing hockey-goalie pads made out of metal.
Etc.
lol

Turp --- Purp
60 Shm 60 Wiz
Old 08-16-2013, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is called SOEmote and is an existing feature of Everquest 2. It has nothing to do with EQ:Next.
They're making use of it for EQ Next, have you seen the footage from their launch/chat in Vegas?
Old 08-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're making use of it for EQ Next, have you seen the footage from their launch/chat in Vegas?
No I haven't, that is retarded if they are.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

Friends, I think we're forgetting what this thread was truly intended to be about.

Firiona Vie's tits, and the men who want to grab them.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to kingsBlend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajkuhuun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Friends, I think we're forgetting what this thread was truly intended to be about.

I didn't think it would take 3 pages to get to the bottom of this!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dat sig. Lol!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
actually I would have loved Metallica to keep making Master Of Puppets and And Justice For All over and over again.
would you keep buying/paying for the same CD over and over every year to?

back to the trees: the huge trees in Gfay and Surefall are the ANCIENT trees. They don't really grow anywhere else. The large trees can be found in Lfay, Kith, Feerot, and Tox along with regular thin trees. And as already mentioned, Kunark has different climate - tropical, part dry, part moist - hence different trees.

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajkuhuun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd9Ws2VqN0Q

Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
would you keep buying/paying for the same CD over and over every year to?

back to the trees: the huge trees in Gfay and Surefall are the ANCIENT trees. They don't really grow anywhere else. The large trees can be found in Lfay, Kith, Feerot, and Tox along with regular thin trees. And as already mentioned, Kunark has different climate - tropical, part dry, part moist - hence different trees.
Ok not the same exact CD with the same songs each time, but the same style and feel to each CD, that heavy thrash sound I loved and that they abandoned from the black album on.

It's that same feel I would have liked to see in some other zones. Those other zones you mentioned also use that same sort of illusion. So does Innothule to an extent.

No other MMO I've played has used clever illusions like that, and in fact every other MMO has been 3rd person view which is even less immersive.
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 08-17-2013 at 12:07 AM..
Closed Thread