Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 08-28-2023, 08:50 PM
Kobold

Default Question for Shaman Gear

Right now, I'm 78% into 51. I have a fungi staff, fungi tunic, seahorse belt and 13K.

I solo a lot and was curious if y'all think i would i level faster if I sold the fungi tunic and seahorse belt and got an epic and a ceremonial iksar chest?

I'm currently leveling mostly off ice giants or when they're camped, the barbarians atm. Its profitable but i feel i could level faster with the epic.

Thoughts?
Old 08-28-2023, 09:21 PM
Fire Giant

The seahorse belt/haste in general is quite weak for a shaman especially at your level, dumping fungi is very iffy though, you'd probably end up leveling faster with epic for sure, but I don't like dropping fungi until torpor personally, if there's no way for you to get epic without ditching fungi as well as the haste, I'd consider a JBB over epic for the time being and keep fungi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-28-2023, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

Can you JBB? If not, I'd dump the fungi for an epic and then slowly farm back fungi plat on stuff you can rot quickly. HK nobles, felwithe guards, etc.

Ice giants are decent plat with toes, lots of hps though compared to a 2k hp Noble. Like 2-3x.
Old 08-28-2023, 10:34 PM
Kobold

Oops. Yes. I am an ogre and can use JBB. I did actually have one from 45-49. I sold it when I quit for awhile.

Really thinking hard about selling the fungi for the epic and yeah, I'll just go kill guards with less hp to make it back. Forgot I have another 10k in tink bags if I need it so it’ll get me back faster to the fungi.

Really don’t want to sell my fungi stick though, it’s been so helpful. But with epic it might not be 100% needed? and if i sold that, tink bags, and seahorse, and 13K id only be 12K away form the epic and then id keep my fungi and just work on getting back the other toys.

Thanks for your thoughts! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Fireblade7; 08-28-2023 at 10:49 PM..
Old 08-28-2023, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

Your best bet is a jbb. A fungi is really nice but especially in those low levels with low hp npcs they will melt to winters roar.

Personally, id sell the spiked belt, buy a JBB and keep the rest of your kit. Head to HK and kill blues and greens galore. root, slow, click click click. Keep a longer duration root up for CC. Buy some ant pots and have fun.
Old 08-29-2023, 08:01 AM
Fire Giant

Epic REALLY hits its stride around 54. Slow tanking with JBB spam and pet behind worked best for me until 54 or so, when I switched to root rotting 4 mobs with epic.

Trust, you won't go back. No need for seahorse belt then. And really no need for Fungi OR Fungi Staff -- because shaman get bind wound.

Blows my mind how many shaman don't train bind wound. You can bind to 70% by level 56. Canni down, bind wound up -- they work together so well.
Old 08-29-2023, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Epic REALLY hits its stride around 54. Slow tanking with JBB spam and pet behind worked best for me until 54 or so, when I switched to root rotting 4 mobs with epic.

Trust, you won't go back. No need for seahorse belt then. And really no need for Fungi OR Fungi Staff -- because shaman get bind wound.

Blows my mind how many shaman don't train bind wound. You can bind to 70% by level 56. Canni down, bind wound up -- they work together so well.
Going to have to disagree here.

Giving up 30 free passive regen/tick vs binding wound? Terrible trade off imo. Also you can still bind wound and have 30/tick. This is a non trivial amount of regen, especially pre torpor.

Fungi is a broken item. Should be way harder to get. And it’s tradeable. Get one and just keep it forever cycling Alts with it.
Old 08-29-2023, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

Don't get rid of your Fungi.

Sell Seahorse belt and buy JBB. Keep farming until you can sell JBB and buy epic MQ.

Then just start saving for Torpor.
Old 08-29-2023, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't get rid of your Fungi.

Sell Seahorse belt and buy JBB. Keep farming until you can sell JBB and buy epic MQ.

Then just start saving for Torpor.
Good advice. Epic is nice but I think people forget how long it actually takes to kill something with it 54+. Setting up Gina triggers can help manage some of it but it does get old after awhile. I saw shamans in bear pits just doing the fungi/jbb/pet route for lazier kills.
Old 08-29-2023, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good advice. Epic is nice but I think people forget how long it actually takes to kill something with it 54+. Setting up Gina triggers can help manage some of it but it does get old after awhile. I saw shamans in bear pits just doing the fungi/jbb/pet route for lazier kills.
This is not as efficient, and these shaman were misguided.

I used to do the slow tank / JBB root. But then you need to heal yourself afterwards, because despite being slowed the bears and wolves in perma hit for up to 130+.

Plus you can only kill one at at time. At 56, with paralyzing earth, you just epic click 4 at a time. Much lazier, much more efficient than soloing one at a time.

Shaman was my first toon, I did 55-60 exclusively in bear pits, exclusively root rotting 4 at a time from 56-60. Took me 1 month playing 2 hours a day, 5 days a week to do 56-60 this route. I didn't have a Fungi or Fungi Staff. I had a Phase Spider carapace and bandages.
Last edited by zelld52; 08-29-2023 at 10:58 AM..