Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2022, 03:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I know that it could easily be flipped on me to say “why can’t you empathize with a gay hero then?”

And the reality is most of my favorite all time kids movies are about female heroes (nimh), lilo or anamorphic characters

I don’t like deliberate race/gender/sexuality swapping kind of because it looks like pandering and attempting to gain a shield against criticism, but mostly because it demonstrates a lack of creativity to come up with an original story for the desired inclusion group and also mostly because the result usually sucks

There’s a reason House of the Dragon despite having a diverse cast and strong female leads is getting much better reviews than Rings of Power, and it has nothing to do with which is more or less woke, and everything to do with quality. Making poor quality woke stuff is just conditioning everyone to expect woke = crap, and is actually doing a disservice to wokeness
A true republican would hate Disney movies for how perversely pro monarchy they are. 🤪
Old 09-14-2022, 04:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A true republican would hate Disney movies for how perversely pro monarchy they are. 🤪
I do think that the stupid royalty sub-plot and damsel in distress needing saving was overdone as hell, I think anyone can agree on that

I actually really like a good love story and don’t know why there seems to be push for modern permanently-single female heroines that don’t need no man. I think it’s some transference of lonely female writers justifying their own existence to themselves. And I think any feminist hates the idea of a damsel in distress up until the point where they personally are in distress and it sure would be great if some guy saved them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2022, 04:33 AM
Banned

^
Everyone knows that killing a dragon almost single-handedly will always be a panty-dropper ;P

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 09-14-2022, 06:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kinda funny how conservatives are okay if Mulan cross dresses and pretends to be a guy.. but would flip out if a male Disney character pretended to be a Disney princess (* cough Marco Diaz )
They're okay with Mulan because that's the original story.

People get angry when you hand Mulan a lightsaber and tell her to play basketball.

It has nothing to do with moral panic and everything to do with changing/altering already established characters or plots.

It's deliberate destruction of culture. It's the Commie way. We see you.

First you come for our Mermaids, then you're tossing us in mass graves.

You may think I'm under the sea singing with a crab and a fish, but I KNOW what a fork is and it's no dinglehopper, bud...
Old 09-14-2022, 07:31 AM
Banned

BASED and Red Rocket Pilled

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2022, 07:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aladdin?
Middle East vs African decent; really…. Really?!
Old 09-14-2022, 07:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Real Republicans represent

God kill the queen
Old 09-14-2022, 07:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Middle East vs African decent; really…. Really?!
You're condoning cultural imperialism, imperialist.

Typical neo-lib behavior.

The Commies should supplant you. They at least pretend to care about people.
Old 09-14-2022, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're condoning cultural imperialism, imperialist.

Typical neo-lib behavior.

The Commies should supplant you. They at least pretend to care about people.
If you are going to be on your bipolar rant campaign I am just going to read it from your main account from now on. Or just pick one like RieRie.
Old 09-14-2022, 09:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do think that the stupid royalty sub-plot and damsel in distress needing saving was overdone as hell, I think anyone can agree on that
It definitely was, which is why my favorite disney movie is still The fox and the hound which came out at the height of those types of disney movies and is completely devoid of that trope. The lesson of the movie is basically "look, sometimes you can't be friends", it's fuckin brutal.
Closed Thread