Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2022, 10:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tom Hanks could never be Blade.
I'd at least watch the preview, that katana cuts both ways

Think "The Old Man" but with more leather, sword fights, and blood sprinklers
Old 08-23-2022, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Creating legit media only for rage bait is such a post-internet skull fuck on society lol, Thanks Steve Jobs! RIP in your unmarked grave!
Sounds like the glorious free market supplying where there is demand

People actually give money to Ben Shapiro
Old 08-23-2022, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Default elizondo content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lord Of The Groomers
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-23-2022, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like the glorious free market supplying where there is demand

People actually give money to Ben Shapiro
Yep, some of this might've been is a different section of the VHS rental store though.

People actually give money to Ru Paul.
Old 08-23-2022, 11:39 AM
Banned

I've never seen the appeal of shows like his but I'm cishet so I am not the target audience

Mass shooters inspired by:

RuPaul: 0
Ben Shapiro: 12
Tucker Carlson: 60
Old 08-23-2022, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

The Switcher (Trans Geralt)

Game Of Groomers
Old 08-23-2022, 12:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Changing long-established characters to fit a modern diversity agenda is a long-established tradition in religion, which incidentally is also parables that have been reworked to send a moral message

White dudes being hysterical about this in their fiction is revealing about their mentality
The only decent point you’ve made

If any of it is ridiculous, then all of it is ridiculous. This includes changing a black hero like Blade to white. Or changing Jesus, who as someone from the Middle East, would most likely have olive skin, to white (or black, as some black churches do)

Yes, sorry it hurts your fee fee’s, but it is ALL ridiculous. It took me a LONG time to learn Jesus most likely wasn’t white, at least not with very white skin, probably more olive colored skin, because I had seen so many depictions of white Jesus growing up

And my first thought when I learned his image may have been altered was “why?” What the hell is the point?

Needing someone to look like you is narcissistic. Plain and simple. You can’t appreciate that different people look different don’t have the same sexual preferences than you, and you want everything to be about you
Old 08-23-2022, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If any of it is ridiculous, then all of it is ridiculous. This includes changing a black hero like Blade to white. Or changing Jesus, who as someone from the Middle East, would most likely have olive skin, to white (or black, as some black churches do)

Yes, sorry it hurts your fee fee’s, but it is ALL ridiculous. It took me a LONG time to learn Jesus most likely wasn’t white, at least not with very white skin, probably more olive colored skin, because I had seen so many depictions of white Jesus growing up

And my first thought when I learned his image may have been altered was “why?” What the hell is the point?

Needing someone to look like you is narcissistic. Plain and simple. You can’t appreciate that different people look different don’t have the same sexual preferences than you, and you want everything to be about you
One work doesn't specify, others do. "It's all ridiculous" he says after swallowing some of Robs black pills. Open wide guzzle them down, buddy. Have some more.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
One work doesn't specify, others do. "It's all ridiculous" he says after swallowing some of Robs black pills. Open wide guzzle them down, buddy. Have some more.
None of this makes any sense. What work are you talking about. No idea what black pills are. A bit gay on the references
Old 08-23-2022, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yep it's ridiculous.

Or how about John Wayne as Genghis Khan? I mean how ridiculous is that casting lol, and that actually happened.

With Jesus though the depictions we have are based on European art that's a few hundred to over 1,000 years old. I do understand that historically he would have been whatever Palestinians looked like 2,000 years ago but it's become tradition to depict him as he used to be depicted in history.

But other, much more modern figures shouldn't be race-swapped because young people today demand diversity in things that were made before diversity was in demand.