Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2023, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny, I thought it was capitalism that was fucking my wife. The Chinese are just better at doing it than we are, now
nah that's just our healthcare system.

Healthcare... TV sports and target... not the same thing.
Old 02-09-2023, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget the part where our entire economy is dependent on that same nation and its productive capacity
There's actually a big effort to transfer all that production to Mexico. Pretty interesting and I definitely support that.
Old 02-09-2023, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Funny, I thought it was capitalism that was fucking my wife. The Chinese are just better at doing it than we are, now
There are multiple things fucking our collective wife.

China is just one.

Our wife is a whore, apparently.
Old 02-09-2023, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, these are straight up secret police stations posing as nail salons and shit.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/12/w...-new-york.html
They aren't capable of forceful rendering so just don't extradite.
Old 02-09-2023, 12:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's actually a big effort to transfer all that production to Mexico. Pretty interesting and I definitely support that.
I dunno, seems like that'd be exchanging one problem for another. I realize wages are generally higher and OSHA and all that, but I would like to see most of the factories back on US soil.

As long as we have borders, anyways, but the eradication of borders is a much longer term project

I guess I would look at the proposal if someone had one
Old 02-09-2023, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
I dunno, seems like that'd be exchanging one problem for another. I realize wages are generally higher and OSHA and all that, but I would like to see most of the factories back on US soil.

As long as we have borders, anyways, but the eradication of borders is a much longer term project

I guess I would look at the proposal if someone had one
Labor would have to give ground on compensation to make the products competitive.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2023, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
We already lived in a world without borders you god damn runnier of society.

Aint nobody gonna stop nobody from moving anywhere in this whole world until around 2020
Old 02-09-2023, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Mexico is closer and their workers are actually more proficient in manufacturing than China, plus wages are still lower, particularly in automobile manufacturing

Mexico is going to clean china’s clock in manufacturing in terms of growth. Wages rose too fast in China to support their economic model. In short, they have a good chance of looking like the rust belt, except with smaller egg rolls
Old 02-09-2023, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Labor would have to give ground on compensation to make the products competitive.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this a position of economists? Executives? Common sense?

I would guess it would vary. If there was a domestic iphone factory I assume the price of an iphone would go up, but is that true for all products?
Old 02-09-2023, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mexico is going to clean china’s clock
lol there is virtually no goverment in mexico.

enjoy your car, but be sure to check it for fetynol bags under the tires.
Closed Thread