Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2023, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DS9 was great because it had to be, it was in competition with Bab5 one of the best sci-fi shows, fuckin ever.

gotta come correct when you're competing with that shit
People seemed to hate on DS9 at the time with their TNG hangover. I appreciated that it was still in the alpha quadrant, had a good mix of characters and could import in all kinds of "trouble" to the station...while also getting a neat ship of its own to expand for more content.

Gonna have to go watch it all through again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-16-2023, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People seemed to hate on DS9 at the time with their TNG hangover. I appreciated that it was still in the alpha quadrant, had a good mix of characters and could import in all kinds of "trouble" to the station...while also getting a neat ship of its own to expand for more content.

Gonna have to go watch it all through again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DS9 actually holds up for me, like i can watch a random DS9 episode right now and enjoy it, Babylon 5 was kinda a thing of it's time i tried to watch it again from season 1 and couldn't get back into it but i remember it being way more epic at the time. and i remeber watching the "what we left behind" ds9 documentary and they mentioned the effect that show had on the writing room and basically caused them to write the dominion war

like in my mind there is way more better DS9 episodes than TNG and both are way better than voyager.
Old 03-16-2023, 09:33 PM
Banned

'Legislature' means 'Legislature'

Quote:
Counsels explained in these briefs that the standard interpretation of “legislature” over several centuries broadly includes the state’s entire lawmaking process—not only state courts and the parameters of state constitutions, but also the governor’s signature or veto.
Quote:
In their questions, the Supreme Court’s mainstream justices—Sonia Sotomayor, Elena Kagan, and Ketanji Brown Jackson—leaned toward following well-settled precedent and a commonsense interpretation of the word “legislature.” For example, Sotomayor said that the petitioners’ counsel was “rewriting history” and remarked that she fundamentally did not understand the petitioners’ legal theory.
Old 03-16-2023, 10:32 PM
Banned

Does judge Jumanji know what a woman is yet

Apparently Lori Lightfoot knows she is one, maybe there's a shred of hope for these clowns
Old 03-16-2023, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrece [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
judge Jumanji
Looks like your klan hat is a little askew there, Nirgon.
Old 03-17-2023, 12:00 AM
Banned

Antifa is hard to define too
Old 03-17-2023, 12:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-17-2023, 12:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think moderate suburban parents will go for this new definition of racism.

(Did I do Horza impression good?)
Old 03-17-2023, 12:57 AM
Banned

Hi Jib I saw your post I'm takin' my victory lap
Old 03-17-2023, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi Jib I saw your post I'm takin' my victory lap
I didnt want to spread hate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

but I will give you back the, you're like a liberal version of Archie Bunker, because that's almost a compliment.
Closed Thread