Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 03-06-2023, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Some of the spectres may yield xp if all the seafuries and gornit are camped. Or the pathing clops on AC island. Lots to do in OOT while waiting for your turn on AC.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 03-06-2023, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of the spectres may yield xp if all the seafuries and gornit are camped. Or the pathing clops on AC island. Lots to do in OOT while waiting for your turn on AC.
this, get exp tooo
Old 03-06-2023, 12:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddemers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thanks for the input all.

Turn of events, I was away this weekend (kids hockey), after reading the comments I figured I would give the ring camp a shot. I spent 3-4 hours at the camp and managed to get the ring!

Considering it took me a month to save up my plat, I figured I should take 1-2 hours to get to the AC camp and see what it's all about (how contested/how to get to it..etc).

From my perspective, being slow really sucks, it can also lead to death when learning new spots (assuming you can run away). I tried the Sow pot route, but I am too cheap, so I found myself only using it when I felt it was justified.|

Looking forward to charming with my ring!
Great decision! It will be hard to go back to a non-jboots character again once you get used to it.
Old 03-10-2023, 12:08 PM
Kobold

You got really lucky if you only had to spend 3-4 hours to get the goblin ring. Congrats!

Another thing to consider that I don't think anyone mentioned. If you buy a tradeable item, you can always resell it later if you need the plat back. If you buy a MQ for a no drop item, that plat is gone.
Old 03-10-2023, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You got really lucky if you only had to spend 3-4 hours to get the goblin ring. Congrats!

Another thing to consider that I don't think anyone mentioned. If you buy a tradeable item, you can always resell it later if you need the plat back. If you buy a MQ for a no drop item, that plat is gone.
Agreed.
Old 03-10-2023, 11:06 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Haha! I spent 4 days x 4hours each to get mine. Best Chanter Item by far.

For anyone else reading this who had the same question:

-Get JBoots first if you suck at Chanter and need to run away a lot.
-Get Ring first if you want total control over your XP and to be able to kill mobs faster (since they can beat each other down lower than if you use Invis or try to use hide)

Both are great items for sure, but the ring is for winning, boots are for failing.
Old 03-11-2023, 05:27 PM
Kobold

I'm so confused, assuming we're talking about https://wiki.project1999.com/Goblin_Gazughi_Ring and not the https://wiki.project1999.com/Ring_of_Stealthy_Travel you should be getting the gazugi ring 100% of the time

jboots is a luxury and you can easily buy a few sow potions to hold you over if you need to. sow pots are even better for dungeons since it lasts longer after zoning in (like 35 mins versus 15 mins of the jboots)

The fact that you got it in 4 hours is insane though. That camp is a nightmare since it's an ultra rare drop off a rare spawn and you can't leave the computer for more than like 30 seconds especially if you're camping 2 spawns at once.
Old 03-16-2023, 04:42 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm so confused, assuming we're talking about https://wiki.project1999.com/Goblin_Gazughi_Ring and not the https://wiki.project1999.com/Ring_of_Stealthy_Travel you should be getting the gazugi ring 100% of the time

jboots is a luxury and you can easily buy a few sow potions to hold you over if you need to. sow pots are even better for dungeons since it lasts longer after zoning in (like 35 mins versus 15 mins of the jboots)

The fact that you got it in 4 hours is insane though. That camp is a nightmare since it's an ultra rare drop off a rare spawn and you can't leave the computer for more than like 30 seconds especially if you're camping 2 spawns at once.

I was talking about the Gazughi Ring.

** Update for future readers:

I tried to stand in line for AC, but ended up purchasing the MQ off of a guy that got had the camp. I stuck around till he got the spawn, then looted the ring, we ported to the bank and I payed for it (4k)

After using both the ring and JBoots for 1-2 weeks, I have to say that Jboots are pretty sweet... but so is having the invis ring...

If I HAD to get rid of one temporarily, it would be the ring. Sow pots are expensive and can be wasted (death/afk/sitting to regen). If you can afford to just use Sow pots like cost isn't an issue, you can afford to get jboots IMO.

Summary: having both is completely game-changing in how you play the class (in a good way)
Old 05-03-2023, 08:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

do you even play an ench

ring of stealth travel over goblin anyday, if u dont know why then u either dont play ench or don't charm a lot

and jboots > invis ring
Old 05-03-2023, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
do you even play an ench

ring of stealth travel over goblin anyday, if u dont know why then u either dont play ench or don't charm a lot
Watch out, we got an E-thug over here.

Why don't you explain why its better instead of being a twat?