Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 10:25 AM
Aviak

Mage is a good class to pick. They get beefy pets and can put out good damage. I think most of the spells are self explanatory and straight forward.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Make a meleé character, non-twink warrior is fun
Old 05-05-2017, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm calling bullshit on this unless you did almost nothing but come home from work every day and play EQ.

How could you ever be active and maintain relationships during those two months?
Unless I'm missing something there...2 months to 60 is insanely fast if you had no outside help (plvling, twinking, etc).
Just because you have spent 2 years and still aren't level 60 doesn't mean it takes everyone years to do it. Leveling is super easy when you don't have to worry about gear or finding a group. Just find someone to duo with and it's done in no time. My twinked shaman hit 60 in just over a month as well.

And that was with an average of 2-3 hours playing after work, usually a little more play time on the weekends. All youre missing is how to actually play this game and level.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Kobold

He did ask if you were twinked ��
Old 05-05-2017, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keggernuts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He did ask if you were twinked ��
As I said, my first toon was a human necro which wasn't twinked in any way. You just don't need to worry about gear while leveling a necro.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:27 AM
Aviak

yes necros are very non gear depent plus side of being necro is there are cash camps u cna farm unlike a mage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-06-2017, 04:29 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Wow! I really wasn't expecting this to build the way it has, and I want to thank you all for cluing me in to considerations I might not have arrived at for a long time. I suppose I really should have checked back here sooner - as it stands, after looking at the wiki, I decided to create several and play them to about level 10 and see where that leaves me as far as interest and enjoyment goes. I was awake almost all night last night, and I've just done it again. Muahaha... nobody to ground me now. Mostly, the mobs are pretty forgiving for someone just starting out. All these lowbies' names begin with "Ven" so if any of you have small fry roaming around you may just catch me derping somewhere over the summer. XD

I've rolled a half elf bard (on the wiki it says bards are supposed to be sort of difficult to learn, so that's probably not going to be something I stick in a group because I'm bound to suck at it), a gnome enc (more fun than I expected), a dark elf mage because I am curious about Neriak (lol), an Iksar necromancer (regen sounds helpful and gear not mattering as much would be great), a dwarf cleric (I'm actually nervous about that), and a wood elf druid (I probably spent more time leveling lowbies in GFay than anything else back in the day). I didn't put out a shaman, but I might by the end of summer.

Tall order, I guess. BUT I'm telling myself that if I don't like them enough to continue past level 10, that's as good a stopping point as any, and there's at least plenty of solo and group potential in that lineup for the levels I'll be at for a while. So far I've only really touched the bard (10 now, decision time) and the enchanter (7 after a kind person helped me get to GFay). I like both actually, despite the bard getting trained hard a few times in Blackburrow and losing a load of exp doing it, and the enc being squishy as a dog turd.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:43 AM
Sarnak

I rolled a bard as my first character on p99. You can level quickly to a point where farming plat is very simple. It costs about a plat to gear a bard (basic vendor instruments). Zones you solo in, are pretty much restricted to outdoors, but it's good enough to get you to 60 if you choose to stick with it. It's also an extremely versatile class in groups that allows you to usually get a group.

Once you get to about level 40, you can go farm hill giants with reverse charming, or you can do some of the the other rare item drop camps very easy with track/aoe kiting. Like the gobby earring, see invis bracer, or the invis vs animals ring.

Fund alts, or a new main...of your choosing. Also if your reroll a necro as your new main toon, you level your bard to 50, and can sacrifice him down to 46 and relevel to 50 quickly for nice supply of essence emeralds so you can 93% rez.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

A necro untwinked can hit 60 easily in 2 months IF they have played Everquest in the past and have a good knowledge base. Charming for xp is quite legit and never requires you to suffer through being lfg or getting stuck in a bad group.

2 hours of focused and efficient charming yields a lot more xp than 12 hours in an average group.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 05-08-2017, 09:28 AM
Skeleton

Ranger is a good choice for the OP I think. They can solo faster than any other melee except bard, are welcome in groups for their dps.

Every melee is heavily gear dependant but Ranger gear is pretty cheap for the quality you can get.
Closed Thread