Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 06:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraznor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. As a caster who had to go through that once... with Hell levels...FFFF that.

I would rather not play than have to go through that again. The amount of deaths you get from not being able to see roamers in EC alone would make you want to rage quit.
So you have learned you don't like real EQ which was the goal of the project. The titanium client was in this state for such a long time, that's too bad.

It's probably better you don't play Green. I was initially against the idea having spent so many years on blue. With posts like Kraznors it's shaping up to be the best place on the internet to find real eq, the original game turns the can't be bothereds like garlic to a vampire.

I would rather not have to deal, compromise or hear their weakness.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you have learned you don't like real EQ which was the goal of the project. The titanium client was in this state for such a long time, that's too bad.

It's probably better you don't play Green. I was initially against the idea having spent so many years on blue. With posts like Kraznors it's shaping up to be the best place on the internet to find real eq, the original game turns the can't be bothereds like garlic to a vampire.
I don't ever knock how people want to play, but with all due respect, this guy is right! The book meditation thing, as much as I hate it, was part of the classic experience. It makes the game more difficult. It's just how it is. This game is unforgiving! And we love the game for that very reason!
Old 09-25-2019, 06:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraznor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Um. EQ just had it's 20th anniversary, so your "terrible" analysis is purely your opinion. Tens of thousands of people disagree with you or EQ would not exist.

Listening to the majority is NOT why EQ lost so many people. The majority was not calling for WoW... the MINORITY was...but Sony saw that as the cash grab because of WoW's popularity with kids so they went that direction to attract back more subs that they were bleeding.

When you make uninformed statements, expect backlash.
Quote:
And those changes were good for EVERYONE except 2 classes. Only druids and wizards didn't like SoL and PoP changes. Should we ignore 10 classes for the sake of 2?
Quote:
No, we don't. Most players stuck it out through PoP because PoP rocked hardcore. SoL was an awesome experience, too. Velious was good, but hardly the best. If what you are saying was true, the mass exodus would have occurred at Luclin. It didn't. It occurred at GoD.
*Garlic Spray*
Old 09-25-2019, 06:53 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guys, book until level 35 IS NO BIG DEAL. This is how we all leveled back then and it was allright.

It took us ages to hit 35 back then, too. Here it's a matter of a few days.
A few days? No. It still takes a month. And adding this only adds more needless death. There is literally NO benefit to this at all. Why go to the trouble of adding another hurdle when the game is plenty hard enough?

And I don't know about you, but I grew up in the past 20 years and got a ton of responsibility. I don't have 10 hours a day to play EQ any more. Last thing I want is to go afk for 30 seconds for a phone call and lose experience because I can't see the HG coming at me.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:54 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*Garlic Spray*
Nice Alinsky response. Unreal.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:56 AM
Orc

Quote:

I would rather not have to deal, compromise or hear their weakness.
If it's so important, then WHY hasn't it been on P99 since launch? And why do you have to be so douchey to someone who expresses their opinion?
Old 09-25-2019, 07:00 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is what it's going to look like for people running 1920x1080: https://i.imgur.com/WXj5uOf.png

Just pointing this out for people who are still saying a book on the screen is the end of the world. That's how it's going to look on Green.

(Sorry, ignore my Compass and Short Duration window and other stuff, I was on an admin account >_>)

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-25-2019, 07:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
A few days? No. It still takes a month. And adding this only adds more needless death. There is literally NO benefit to this at all. Why go to the trouble of adding another hurdle when the game is plenty hard enough?

And I don't know about you, but I grew up in the past 20 years and got a ton of responsibility. I don't have 10 hours a day to play EQ any more. Last thing I want is to go afk for 30 seconds for a phone call and lose experience because I can't see the HG coming at me.
Quote:
Nice Alinsky response. Unreal.
"The garlic.. it burns!"

Quote:
If it's so important, then WHY hasn't it been on P99 since launch? And why do you have to be so douchey to someone who expresses their opinion?
It wasn't on P99 from the very start because the original game was erased by Sony back in the day. The P99 developers have had to work their way backward, reprogramming and created everything lost. That is why, its also the reason many original RPG type features do not work here now as the titanium client had all of these hard removed. Loramin can probably link you to it on the wiki.

Its a "Project" 1999 because of the work they are doing. They didn't just flip a switch and it all reverted to be what the goal of the project is.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:03 AM
Orc

Quote:
"The garlic.. it burns!"

It wasn't on P99 from the very start because the original game was erased by Sony back in the day. The P99 developers have had to work their way backward, reprogramming and created everything lost. That is why, its also the reason many original RPG type features do not work here now as the titanium client had all of these hard removed. Loramin can probably link you to it on the wiki.

Its a "Project" 1999 because of the work they are doing. They didn't just flip a switch and it all reverted to be what the goal of the project is.
And yet, they've had TEN YEARS to put it back in and they didn't. Are you saying theyre so incompetent that they couldn't implement this in ten years time?
Old 09-25-2019, 07:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what it's going to look like for people running 1920x1080: https://i.imgur.com/WXj5uOf.png

Just pointing this out for people who are still saying a book on the screen is the end of the world. That's how it's going to look on Green.

(Sorry, ignore my Compass and Short Duration window and other stuff, I was on an admin account >_>)
Appreciate your hard work. Don't listen to the them, they are not EQ fans of what the project is trying to accomplish. You were originally on the right path.. until you took a arrow to the knee.
Closed Thread