Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 03:59 PM
Orc

Default Will Epic drops be in the game at Kunark launch?

As I stated on the thread about extending Kunark duration, I think the most important issue there is that we will have very little time to get epics during kunark. Yeah, people will still be able to get them during Velious, but only 1 per week per class due to the 7 day timers on a bunch of Epic mobs.

My question is this: Even though it is stated in the timeline that Epics will start in April 2021, will the DROPS for the epics be in at Kunark launch? Or not until April?

Because if it's in April, there will only be a max of 12 epics per class due to respawn timers (not including server resets). That sucks hardcore for anyone who doesn't want to zerg. Because zerg guilds will own every epic. EVEN IF we can loot the items at Kunark launch (Nov 2020), then there will still be only 28 (7 months) Epics of each class.

This seems pretty low, as I would estimate we will have about 5000 people at launch. That could be way off but I see typically 900 people online at a time right now. So 5000 total players isn't exaggerating I don't think.

Can we get increased spawn timers on epic mobs if this is the case? It would suck to work for months, or even years, and never be able to complete your Epic just because you don't want to Zerg.
Last edited by Kraznor; 09-26-2019 at 04:03 PM..
Old 09-26-2019, 04:06 PM
Sarnak

If the only use of an item or mob is an epic quest, it probably won't be in until that patch. Many items needed are existing items (like Ghoulbane for pally/sk).

Also, some of the epic pieces become easier to get later (like if the item drops in a zone that got revamped... like hate)

If you want to get an epic fast / easy, play on live or play on blue. The people running this server are not going to bend the rules so that you can play the way you want to. The whole point is to recreate classic. Not everyone was able to get their epic on classic. At least if you aren't able to finish in green, you can finish once you roll over to blue.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

I can't speak for the devs ... but look I pretty much can on this one: Green is about classic EverQuest, not anyone's personal preference.

The point of the server isn't to be "good" by anyone's standards: it's to be faithful to how things were back in 1999-2001. And you know what: Kunark raid mobs back then were dominated by the classic equivalent of our servers' AA guilds (eg. Club Fu and Arch Overseers on my server, Bristlebane).

So look, like you said you can still get them in Velious, and I'm not sure even the staff knows how long Green will last. You'll likely have a healthy amount of "Velious time" to do so.

But if you want the uber loot in classic EQ, you join an uber guild ... that's the game. If it's not the game for you, Blue will still be here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Don't make a Magician.

Edit: It took me over 4 years real-time to complete my Shadow Knight epic on "blue" because of there being so much competition for some of the pieces. Epic quests are called epic for a reason, and good things are worth waiting for.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 09-26-2019 at 04:15 PM..
Old 09-26-2019, 04:17 PM
Orc

I'm beginning to see why people in the progression server forums always bitched about the community here. Nothing but attitude. Literally none of the 3 posters here know the answer to my question, but felt the need to use passive aggressive insults instead... well 2 of em did, Danth was actually funny, even if he is serious.

What I found revealing was the thread of the 2 top guilds, one offered to share NToV with small guilds if the other agreed... and the other didn't agree so the small guilds can't even kill Aary. I was told that the top 2 guilds hog all of the targets on p99. Guess it's true. Hardly a good community if that's true. Ah well, I guess I won't waste my time then as I hate zergs, they are akin to cheating as they lack the requirement of skill.

Kudos. Rock on, Pantheon. Glad I'm in Alpha.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

You make a good case for why it would be nice to have epic items drop early, but the devs here try to stick to classicness above all else. Even if it means not everyone gets certain items.

That said, I'm sure you'll get your epic if you work on it.

BTW the answer to the question of whether epic items will drop early is: if the devs are aware the item shouldn't drop until Kunark, then it will not drop until Kunark. This depends on whether players can find evidence and whether they report it.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

You seem a little oversensitive. No one was rude to you. They just explained that the goal of this project is not to provide every player a quick path to their epic. It's to emulate the experience and timeline of classic EQ. Most players did not have epics back in the day, and most certainly did not have epics before Velious released. A limited number of epics during Kunark is classic.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Just noticed your join date. You're new here. Understand that P1999 has ten years of history. The intentions and attitudes of the lead admins here are well-known, even if the admins themselves don't necessarily comment on everything.

Loramin wasn't insulting you; his post can and should be taken at face value. The people who created P1999 are "true believers" in the sense that they want to re-create the original game, both the good and the bad about it. My Magician comment wasn't solely a joke--it was a joke rooted in truth: A couple patches ago, the major bottleneck in the already-super-rare Mage epic questline was made even MORE rare due to evidence being provided that it was indeed classic that way.

Without de-railing the thread, if you browse Loramin's post history you'll find he's every bit as disgusted by the domination of big guilds on P99 as you are, if not more so.

Danth
Old 09-26-2019, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraznor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm beginning to see why people in the progression server forums always bitched about the community here. Nothing but attitude. Literally none of the 3 posters here know the answer to my question, but felt the need to use passive aggressive insults instead... well 2 of em did, Danth was actually funny, even if he is serious.

What I found revealing was the thread of the 2 top guilds, one offered to share NToV with small guilds if the other agreed... and the other didn't agree so the small guilds can't even kill Aary. I was told that the top 2 guilds hog all of the targets on p99. Guess it's true. Hardly a good community if that's true. Ah well, I guess I won't waste my time then as I hate zergs, they are akin to cheating as they lack the requirement of skill.

Kudos. Rock on, Pantheon. Glad I'm in Alpha.
I really wish Green99 had released sooner, shortly after Velious opened on Blue, OR the opening of two-or-more Green99 servers!

I was extremely excited when Green99 was announced but after playing Classic WOW for the past few weeks and thinking a lot about it, Green99 seems far less appealing. I FULLY expect the exact same group/groups of people who've dominated Blue99 for nearly half a decade now to dominate Green99 as well. If you wanna make ANY end-game progress on your character, you'll have to join one singular guild or go without.

Keep in mind that these same individuals will continue to dominate Blue99 as well, since all they have to do is FTE a mob and login their pre-camped raid force.

It's a shame Green didn't launch sooner (around the opening of Velious on Blue, perhaps.) The neckbeards wouldn't have been able to dominate BOTH servers had that been the case.
Last edited by Vizax_Xaziv; 09-26-2019 at 04:56 PM..
Old 09-26-2019, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A couple patches ago, the major bottleneck in the already-super-rare Mage epic questline was made even MORE rare due to evidence being provided that it was indeed classic that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the domination of big guilds on P99 as you are, if not more so.

At which point we as a community maybe need to get together and start really thinking about how we want Green99 to play out. Are we OK with the SAME GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS monopolizing 90% of all end-game on Green99 just as they have on Blue?

New players/guilds will NOT be able to compete w/ the people who've spent the last 10-years mastering Classic EverQuest as well the quirks present in the Project1999 code specifically.
Closed Thread