Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

who cares how much plat is in the economy anyway, whether it be 600million or 10 billion, it makes zero difference

the only difference is things cost 1.6kp vs 16kp
Old 05-16-2020, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

besides geods way more plat per hr
Old 05-16-2020, 06:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can also get them via fishing i think
Mugs of sea foam? I think besides the goblin cheiftan only the seafuries drop it but if I can fish for it I'd be very happy
Old 05-16-2020, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can also get them via fishing i think
I believe you are thinking of seaweed.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:28 AM
Fire Giant

I recall getting some from the regular island goblins. I'd do the quick air walk from the gargoyle island when it was too busy. This was back in November.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:37 AM
Orc

I got loads of these last week from the low level gobbos on an island. Didn't think much of them and vendored them.
Old 05-17-2020, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry you didnt get foamy mug or whatever you’re mad about that will never be changed
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-17-2020, 02:08 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's bad enough that humans lost the ability to see well without infravision ( i realize this isn't dev's fault), but now they made it even harder to get mugs of sea foam for human freeport cultural armor. Back when the cyclopses were worth it, the foam was super common, obviously because people were farming the heck out of them. They couldn't nerf the cyclopses and increase the chances of the foam, no.

They had to flat out make it a disgusting grind just for those mugs of sweet sweet foam, because you're either going to be devoted to the time sink to try to get it, or you're not going to do it at all. Who is going to "farm" cyclopses that take forever to kill, that drop like 4 pp if you're lucky, and MAYBE very rarely a gemstone? You're not. So if you're a human who wants to do their cultural armor, be prepared to hate yourself with the grind.

It's not a casual thing anymore like putting forage on your forward button and getting your temper materials, it's not like before where you could buy stacks from people who grind the cyclopses. It's a painful, disgusting grind. I wish they would think about fixing this. Make the mugs more common, or make gemstones more common, or make the cyclopses die easier, so people have intensive to go out there and farm them and then sell me their stacks of mugs of sea foam. This goes for both red and blue servers.

OK that's my rant have a nice day sirs and madams
I want to get behind you but this isn't a strong enough argument to persuade the courts. You need the assistance of an epic elf lawyer. It would require a John Grisham like effort to get this reversed. I would be interested to see the rate of inflation sustained on blue because of the sea fury effect(affect?) when compared to similar timelines on green. Seafuries is the only reason I was rich on blue. I could log in for a few hours and grind thousands of pp. It was great. Made fungi money relatively easily.
By the way, I did 49-50.9 at seafuries, made a bit of pp, not like the old days, but it was ok for pp made while exping. The mugs seem to be pretty common. They also vendor for 1pp a piece so its possible there's a stack for sale on AC island
Old 05-17-2020, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe my wizard has a bunch of these still.
This was a genuine offer to provide you with mugs. Get in touch. I actually gathered a few more this morning just in case you are interested.
Old 05-17-2020, 04:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you didnt get foamy mug or whatever you’re mad about that will never be changed
Thank you. This has been really hard on me. To alleviate my stress I see a psychotherapist who holds up pictures of mugs of sea foam and then we do coping mechanisms when the image is taken away from me. I think I'm making some real progress!

Also to those saying that normal goblins drop mugs of sea foam I appreciate the fib to make me feel better.
Closed Thread