Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to completely agree with dino on this one

Just because you're sensitive doesn't mean memes caused this

The guy was a lunatic, just like the ones before him

It's just easier for you to deal with it blaming memes
they still played a part. clearly a large part, no less.

the point here is to be responsible with ideas you spread, even ironically. what's a joke to you might not be a joke to someone else, and try to be aware of how things might affect others in a different context. you don't really know the audience you're going to have on anything you post because of how spread out the internet is. it's poe's law on a grand scale.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a handful of people vs billions

insignificant in my opinion
I don't disagree with you per se.

The problem is that these actions provoke reaction from people not as coolheaded as you are. Media understands the destabilizing effect possible by this form of attack. That is why you are seeing a severely under-detailed reporting in all major outlets. Presumably I brought a more detailed scoop in my previous post than anyone who doesn't check chans for news knows.

Whether or not the number of people dead is significant on the larger scale, democracies prone to panic and reactionary by their very nature are shaken to their foundation by these things. Whether or not it is or ought to be criminal, making jokes that fuel these handful of people's propaganda machine is a gross failure in the civic sense.

The one thing I am sure about is that it is reprehensible to participate in jokes which fuel a murderous cult. Whether or not it is criminal or must be suppressed by force, it is beyond the realm of good taste or humor. A joke is not funny if it is 1/100,000,000,000,000,000 of a murder.
Last edited by America; 03-15-2019 at 01:38 PM..
Old 03-15-2019, 01:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
a handful of people vs billions

insignificant in my opinion
i thought "all lives matter"?
Old 03-15-2019, 01:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just because I believe comedy doesn't turn people into killers means that I support the slaughtering of 49 people?
No -- because you called for civil war. Which is exactly what this meme killer is pushing.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He wants a different kind of civil war.

Anti-Trump people also want civil war.

Communists want civil war.

My fucking GRANDMA wants civil war.
All of these people are disgusting. So are you.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i thought "all lives matter"?
I'm a realist

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm a realist
An effective realist understands that others are not and considers the implications of that fact. No; you are a person signalling that he is smart and edgy.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't want to call out any names but there is a prominent ex-poster on this board involved in large circles of people who take this stuff 100% seriously and fuel it with significant amounts of money. People who pay people to be funny in this vein because they know it fuels a social context where these things happen.
well that makes sense now. dunno how much time I spent wondering why someone would invest so much time writing content for a forum that not many people read and doesn't appear to be monetized. people seriously pay people to post memes?
Old 03-15-2019, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm a realist
me too

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-15-2019, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by America [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
re: deriak, his IQ is so low that I don't even feel like lecturing. I don't feel any earnest malice in him. But I hope he introspects.
Thanks for thinking of me. It's good to know where I stand with you on an intellectual level. *cries quietly internally*