Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 02:24 PM
Aviak

Default Wayfarer's Haven

Apparently I've been playing on Wayferer's Haven for 5 years!

We'll be starting our anniversary quests in a couple weeks.

If you've played on the server (previously named P2002, but your characters are still there) come say hello during our celebration. I always enjoy hearing how you are doing and what you are currently playing.

https://wayfarershaven.com/index.php

We have a new client so you'll need a quick download before logging in. You can find it by typing !install in the Haven Discord https://discord.gg/tqFaPEM#discordapp.com

Come see what has changed. Most recently, Veksar was released!

If you decide not to stop by, I'm hoping you are enjoying Everquest somewhere!

All the Best,

Hazel
Old 03-02-2020, 08:13 PM
Banned

Pass but /cringing for you
Old 03-02-2020, 09:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pass but /cringing for you
Hey, thanks for the bump!
Old 03-03-2020, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

What is it?
Old 03-03-2020, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is it?
Yet another failure of an EQ emulator, for the tiny crowd of people who like servers where everyone boxes three toons at once.

OP, the moment any one of those other emulators rejects boxing, it might actually have a chance to draw people from here. Until that happens though, you have to understand that most people want to play EverQuest, not triple-boxing macro quest (where every other players is there to play in an MMO by themself with their army of toons).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-03-2020, 02:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yet another failure of an EQ emulator
Failure is objective. Obviously, it's not what you are looking for.

There are three raiding guilds, with weekly scheduled raid nights. I doubt they would consider it a failure.

My leveling guild has had continuous active members for the last four years. I've met thousands of people. Not all stay, but that doesn't make the time they enjoyed playing on the server a waste.

It's an enjoyable game. It's not P99 and if you are enjoying your time here, I doubt you would be looking for another Emu anyway.

Not everyone enjoys boxing, and that is fine. I boxed on live and I find it a lot more enjoyable than playing a single character.

Thanks for bump, Loramin. Fondly, Eunomia
Old 03-03-2020, 03:16 PM
Aviak

I meant failure is subjective, although that typo was a failure. . .
Old 03-03-2020, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Of course you can define failure any number of objective ways, but I I meant it objectively: it doesn't come anywhere close to the population levels of an actual EverQuest server, and that's with people playing 3x accounts.

By definition an emulated EverQuest server is trying to emulate a real EverQuest server, so it's logical to define success as "close to live population levels". As someone recently reported here, Verant (at least back in the day) aimed for roughly a 1500 prime time population number.

So if any emulated server fails to get anywhere close to such a number, and especially when you have to divide their visible population numbers by three to get the real number ... and it's been going for years but still hasn't gotten more popular ... I'd argue that at least by some obvious objective measures, it's a failure.

I'm sure you'll try and "redefine success" in a way that makes the server seem better... but I don't think you're going to sell many people here on that definition.

And to be clear, I don't want P2002 to be a failure. I would LOVE to play in Luclin and PoP and even LDoN again. But y'all other emulated servers just keep depending on boxing, and failing.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-03-2020 at 05:01 PM..
Old 03-03-2020, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

I never found the netcode and CLI stable enough for me on takp etc also, people talk even less to each other on those boxes and I like talking to people in game while I med.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think you're going to sell many people here on that definition.
I'd welcome new players with open arms, like I always have, but I really was just letting my previous acquaintances know about the anniversary and hoping they would stop in to say hello.

I came from P99, as did lots of others. If you don't like to box, you probably won't be happy there. Although there are single boxers, the majority don't stick around long enough to get to raid status.

Quote:
I would LOVE to play in Luclin and PoP and even LDoN again.
The great thing about these free servers, it doesn't take much commitment and zero money to hang out for a while and see different sights. If you ever do decide to pop on, make sure to find me so we can chat.
Closed Thread