Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-10-2022, 05:06 PM
Banned

Default 3500 horse LS V8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg9V...eMorrisEngines

God fucking damnit. Steve Morris is an engine building god. Look at his woody. 5k horses in that buick roadmaster wagon.

How can that be? Watch and find out. This guys the fucking man.

Its about 89,000 dollars. You gotta supply your own hot/cold side.
Old 03-10-2022, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the least progressive shit ive ever seen.

parties flipped.
Be nice. It seems to be an apolitical post. I can't check it right now though.

Cars are cool man [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-10-2022, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

FINE MOM
Old 03-10-2022, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

*Insert 9/11 manifesto about George W Bush*
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 03-10-2022, 10:28 PM
Banned

Aww, I was hoping to see that engine in action

I remember there was a Darwin Award given to a guy who stole a jet engine and attached it to his car and took it out to the salt flats or somewhere like that to break the land speed record

It was said that after firing up the engine he at some point panicked and attempted to slow down so he hit the brakes which melted, and I think his wheels melted as well. Then his car went airborne for a few miles and slammed into the side of a cliff in a big explosion

Supposedly it was a true story, and that’s dying like a fuckin champ
Old 03-10-2022, 11:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I remember there was a Darwin Award given to a guy who stole a jet engine and attached it to his car and took it out to the salt flats or somewhere like that to break the land speed record

It was said that after firing up the engine he at some point panicked and attempted to slow down so he hit the brakes which melted, and I think his wheels melted as well. Then his car went airborne for a few miles and slammed into the side of a cliff in a big explosion

Ya, I heard it was tru too... imagine if video was ubiquitous back then lol...

BTW neat video, I learned a bit about engines just now!
Last edited by starkind; 03-10-2022 at 11:31 PM..
Old 03-11-2022, 03:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The Russian Space program has had some budget cuts. https://imgur.com/gallery/gvJDD5r
Old 03-11-2022, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How can that be? Watch and find out.
Top fuel drag racers make 10K-plus H.P. from engines derived from the old mopar hemi....but only for a few seconds at a time. How long can this one sustain at or near its peak output before spontaneously disassembling itself?

Danth
Old 03-11-2022, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Top fuel drag racers make 10K-plus H.P. from engines derived from the old mopar hemi....but only for a few seconds at a time. How long can this one sustain at or near its peak output before spontaneously disassembling itself?

Danth
Old 03-12-2022, 04:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Danth
Its 3/4 of an inch thick in most places, water jacketed, aluminum rodded. Aluminum rod makes a huge difference. Steel rods break, go through the block, they dont take stress well. Aluminum rods deform, smooch, bend, and dont destroy the engine.

Mostly just the strength of the components. Its LS architecture, meaning its the same overall guts but everything around the original plans have been beefed up. Sleeved billet blocks are the future.

Check out "the executioner" diesel engine by firepunk. They have like 100 passes on it already. Not blown it up once. 3000 horse or better