Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

Default Swarm spots 30+

Hey all,
Leveling up a bard with some friends. They have more time to play than I do so I find myself falling behind in levels. I'm looking to swarm kite to supplement my exp and keep pace. Any out of the way spots to do this at level 30 and beyond? A lot of the areas on the wiki guides are always camped.

Also was swarming nerfed? I know there is lazy agro now. Did they do anything else?
Old 06-20-2018, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

25 cap,FV
Old 06-20-2018, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
25 cap,FV
Thank you.

Fv seems to often have 3 or 4 bards already there when I log in. Any other ideas?
Old 06-20-2018, 09:53 AM
Kobold

FV is great through 40. You will get spoiled from FV though because it is pretty much a dream location for bard kiting. After that you can hit DL, which is annoying because the spiders all have sow and path super fast, and you'll end up zoning any ravishing drolvargs you happen to aggro at the end of each kite. Also there are real people exping in DL so be considerate and dont pull from near their camps.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

FV is huge and has a million mobs. Theres like 2 or 3 kite spots
Old 06-20-2018, 06:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FV is huge and has a million mobs. Theres like 2 or 3 kite spots
Where are the other spots? I only know the one right by the swamp zone with the big flat circle.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Up near swamp,and then theres a couple spots you can do along cliffs
Old 06-21-2018, 08:14 PM
Fire Giant

before 25 mob cap, I always did 18-28 aviaks/gnolls. at 28 your songs will land on almost every OT mob you pull, save a few resists which you can usually hit them next cycle no problem. Pull Cacti/Cockatrice/sarnaks only(pull any sarnak that is walking fast with sow using selo consonant chain or largos binding, itll take the sow off them instantly).

again I haven't bothered to swarm OT since leash was also added, so I am unfamiliar with how pulls would be, I used to pull from WW to FM to skyfire and infront of outpost, and then swarm it on the ocean side golem wall. you would have to baby sit it and spend much longer time in order to get everything there without leashing, so maybe find a nice spot either in the corner between FM/SF or somewhere, maybe even near the lake. wherever there are no tigers. Don't pull rhinos/tiger/tigress.

Recently I have heard some people getting fed up with it at 45, I don't know again this was over 2 years ago i swarmed OT on multiple diff bards to PL people. Solo i was able to go up to 49-50 before the exp turned to crap. After that I went to bloodgil marauders in LOIO, not as many spawns, 20-30 min respawn i forget. but the exp works. some would say go to DL or FB. Personally I would stick it out with bloodgills for atleast until 51.

THEN go to cobalt scar, get a bind in skyshrine(if you die, you can song of travel click out if no cov faction). when I did this with scowl faction, i made sure if azureake or yvolcarn was up, i avoided them or if shit happened yvol would get into my swarm all i would do is just zone him after swarm complete. this exp is solid and can take you to 56 rather easy, the raw plat/vendor/quest gems drop crazy.

I made I want to say around 150-200k plat alone doing this, saccing back to low 55 when i dinged 56 rinse repeat. also letting people join in to leech exp. The rock near skyshrine is perfect spot, nothing paths there. Just be careful with levitate, some of you already know if your levitating mobs can sometimes hit you super far away just because of Z axis bug only in velious. I usually just kept levi to pull(also had lull for the drakes, if i got a crit resist I would charm it, and suicide it into wyverns which if lucky they can proc 2-3x 500dd aoes off before dying). Then just drop levi when your swarming near the rock uptop on the ice.

If you want to be REAL baller, go swarm CoM, I am pretty sre anyone 51+ can do it, 54+ can do it for sure ive done it on numerous toons to help people ding 55, 60 etc. Solo, exp is pretty solid. Can swarm people free fill up group, but I do not like inviting anyone over 55 as it kills the exp for the rest usually, by 58 depending on race/class can get about 15-20% a pull. a iksar necro depending on respawns(sometimes you get a ton of dark blue repop, sometimes green no exp, or green exp can vary) was getting 4-8% per pull at 59. I had a wood elf druid getting between 8 and 13% about at 59 so the penalty does make a diff.

velks @ 60, lower if confident, as long as u have snare song. encourage people in group to have PBAOE spells and not to slack off. I don't do velks and let people afk on me, if 1 or 2 dont have pbaoe, they can splurt, shaman epic dot, whatever. Druids, Wizards, clerics all have upheaval at like 53, most can get 4 casts off before oom. thats 4 x750 dmg. I say this because as a bard it takes nearly 3x as long to swarm velk mobs down then say, CoM due to hp difference. I can do maybe 3-4 pure bard dmg swarms in velks before i need a break, but with PBAOE power damage from the ppl leeching swarm, speeds it up much faster.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:57 AM
Planar Protector

I'm always surprised when bards don't want assistance from my wizard on their PL, that supernova really speeds thing along. Normally I don't even ask for a percentage fee, but sensible bards donate one because it so greatly increases the speed they can earn their client/self levels (and ergo their own plat flow).
Old 06-25-2018, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Swarming breeds bad higher level bards.

It's more fun to actually play the bard class with others.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread