Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2020, 05:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default The effect of "Mitigation AC"

So I'm coming from a theorycrafting view from World of WowCraft. You add armor, you get hit for less. Boss hits for 1000, your mitigation is 50%, boss now hits for 500. That doesn't seem to be the case here. Here it seems like a Mob has a set DI20 table to pull numbers from, and AC will influence how often you pull hits from one side of the table versus the other. Am I right in my observation there?

Also, it seems like your avoidance numbers are set in stone, without diminishing returns. In WowCraft when you're fighting a boss, they have enhanced numbers and your avoidance counts for less. Here it seems you just do "Dodge_Skill/400" and that's your dodge chance, period. It doesn't leave a lot of room for increasing your avoidance. Well, it leaves zero room. But this is a precursor to more complicated systems. Anyway, am I also correct here? You have your 210/400 = 5.25% dodge chance, period? Level 50 Warrior tanking a level 53 Cazic? 5.25% dodge. Same guy tanking Emperor Crush? 5.25% dodge. Really the only way to increase avoidance seems to be through agility, and it doesn't do an exceptional amount, and then it's capped at 250.