Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 11:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj218 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5. Ban any guilds that allow their players to do this form of intentional griefing) and also do temp (3 day bans) on the accounts of all the members of that guild (This may make guilds more selective if they know they invite a bad seed, they are shut out).
Yeah why is this guild full of retard little abacabs-ass lickers not deleted yet? From Peace pipes or w/e their retarded name is i speak.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah why is this guild full of retard little abacabs-ass lickers not deleted yet? From Peace pipes or w/e their retarded name is i speak.
You assume I'm from peace pipe?
Old 07-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because innocent players that have or want nothing to do with the situation get caught in the middle. And by that same token, what if a guild doesn't want to be involved in that kind of atmosphere?

I come from emarr. Home of Da'Kor, Ice Clan & at one point, a guild that exuded the type of atmosphere that guilds want on this server: Ebonlore. Ebonlore was disbanded by Uini for training, leap frogging, general mayhem & irreverence to other players, the guild leader banned, and I think every officer banned. Not only that, the guild name of Ebonlore was restricted from usage across all servers. I don't want to get to that point, but it is heading there. However, following that incident, every guild feared Uini, even when she went to other servers; Uini did not mess around. Because of this, rotations held until near the end of Luclin when Magister gave VT to Divine Grace after they'd farmed it empty. In lieu of a rotation on stuff like TOV, if it started popping DK/Magi & MS communicated. ST, had a flat rotation, if you were an hour late to the set start time, you gave it up & everyone agreed to that.

I'm not saying it was roses and butterfly farts; but if there was a dispute, it was handled between whoever was in charge without many incidents. Yeah, guilds trying to make a name for themselves bucked up sometimes, but when MS, SF and DK were more than willing to assure you got 0 raid targets you towed the line. Yeah, there were trains, but those that lived by the train, died by the train. Nothing more entertaining than another guild training raids because of what they did to your guild or summat.

Here is the huge difference between here and there, then and now: It's every man for himself here. No one is willing to give an inch because they feel like they'll be taken advantage of (and rightly so). There is no respect between the individual guilds themselves or between the guilds and the staff. Personally, I don't give a damn what you do to each other. But, when a guild comes along that doesn't want to be involved in that crap, we have to get involved, because they have just as much right and privilege as someone else to try to enjoy themselves and the server.
"we have to get involved, because they have just as much right and privilege as someone else to try to enjoy themselves and the server"

So you are saying you defend those who want heavily enforced GM rules in order to have fun? Because they have the privilege? What about the privilege of those who work? They like the game just as much - but the current rules bars him from getting raid targets over 1 element: time. Time is the only determinant of accessing boss fights at the moment. And that's the system in every modern mmorpg because there is no other form of competition that doesn't step on the toes of another person. So people compete indirectly by means of spending more time than the other to get in-game achievement.

The spirit of EQ classic was not like this. What you got was because another didn't. And you did everything you could to stop them from getting it. Anything. You might say "yes, but if one could do anything they wanted, they would, they'd be ruthless". Perhaps. Or perhaps everybody would concede "I'm tired of stepping on each other's toes, let's work out a deal". It's as if we all have guns pointed at everybody else - we could risk shooting - but we might be killed in the process - so it's always a risk - and sometimes you both just withdraw your weapons for the sake of peace.

What could be farther from the EQ classic experience then this? Let the players create their own rules by causing each other trouble until they agree what wouldn't trouble each other. It's a game of chance, betrayal, and agreeing, because you have no other choice but to use whatever mechanics you can to win.

All of which is cut into a small fraction of it's possibility because it's is decided that "it's not fair". What's fair? Let the mechanics and the players decide.
Closed Thread