Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 06:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Shaman DoT damage.

So sitting at lvl 21 my 2 current dots do a total of 14 dmg a tick while the mob is rooted. Just seems a little low. I know i get a new set of dots at 24 but still :/. Makes soloing kind of lengthy when no grps are around.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:37 AM
Sarnak

You know what'll really grind your gears? When you realize Druids level 14 Stinging Swarm does 13 damage every 6 seconds on its own, with a -100 resist mod and costs a fraction of the mana Tainted Breath + Affliction does. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cannibalize at 24 helps take the edge off in terms of how inefficient our spells are, and we're over-powered at 34 when we get our pet. Don't worry, it's rough being a Shaman early on but it gets easier, hang in there. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Old 06-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Planar Protector

Just means you need to try harder to find groups / go places where groups are. The game is ultimately meant for grouping.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 06-27-2011, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

It does get better, hold out for canni (24) and pet (34) and the dark clouds of misery will be slowly purged by sunnier skies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Aviak

It was a little too easy when Affliction was doing 24 a tick. But it makes up for it later once you get regen, canni, torgors line, and your pet you become an amazing soloer.

At 54 I can have my green pet tank wurms and giants in BW without losing health and I just JBB stuff down and end the fight with more mana than I did going into the fight. Casters are a bit tricky though without a decent manapool to burst them down before they can heal.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Yea i honestly try to avoid soloing at all right now but there are times when im forced to. Hopely i can grind to 34 quickly lol. Ty for the info
Old 06-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

shaper, a year ago we use to do 19 dmg per tick with our dots, they were nerfed back to classic status 5 or so months ago

so after remaking a 2nd shaman to lvl, i stuck to only grouping, to those who make a new shaman, lvls 1-24 are going to be tough, hell tough to lvl 29, we dont get decent dots till lvl 29,

but onces lvl 34+, you can solo so much easier due to finally having a pet

but if you stick to lake shaper from lvls 20-30, you will find your self always in a group
Old 06-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

swish, i like the avatar bud!