Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Spells

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2020, 10:54 AM
Skeleton

Default Drain Soul Felwithe

Hey, coming across this bug while hunting in Felwitheb. When I cast drain soul on Guard Tistan, my mana cost is deducted, it looks like he takes dmg, i get the message i get healed, but nothing other than the mana cost actually occurs. I have been hunting for a couple of weeks and this has been a constant occurrence. If i drain soul x2 the second one works, but the first one does not. Figured I'd post about it here to see if it was something you guys would be interested in.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Is he getting buffed with Rune by a nearby NPC?
Old 09-16-2020, 11:06 AM
Skeleton

i think i burn through his rune bc all my dots are ticking for damage.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:07 AM
Skeleton

I'm about to do another round. I'll post confirmation when i get to him.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:20 AM
Skeleton

So he takes dmg from Dots and the situation described above still occurs.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

It's because bards shouldn't drain soul
Old 09-16-2020, 11:30 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's because bards shouldn't drain soul
I mean a necro's got to eat!
Old 09-18-2020, 11:00 PM
Sarnak

Runes do not prevent dot damage/not consumed by them. At least that is how it works on players, safe to assume that you can dot a mob to 0 but they keep their rune unless you nuke or melee.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:38 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, so even though the DoTs are ticking, the Rune is still there. When you Drain Soul the first time, it is apparently defeating the Rune (but it doesn't have any damage left over, nor does it provide healing to you); subsequent Drain Souls will do damage and healing as expected, because they are single-target damage.

If you want to test it, you could use a pet to do some melee damage to him. Or you could use one of those poison-based direct damage spells necros get. The first one should do nothing. After you break through the rune, you can try lifetapping him and confirm whether it works as expected.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:47 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, so even though the DoTs are ticking, the Rune is still there. When you Drain Soul the first time, it is apparently defeating the Rune (but it doesn't have any damage left over, nor does it provide healing to you); subsequent Drain Souls will do damage and healing as expected, because they are single-target damage.

If you want to test it, you could use a pet to do some melee damage to him. Or you could use one of those poison-based direct damage spells necros get. The first one should do nothing. After you break through the rune, you can try lifetapping him and confirm whether it works as expected.

thats probably it. I have not paid attention to which guild hes walking from, but I'd put a dollar on it being the ENC guild. TIL, thanks everyone.
Closed Thread