Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Default Blind mechanics

I remember it was possible to fear kite mobs with blind + being highest on their aggro list. (I did this with beastlord but you could with shaman as well)

I'm curious if this was a classic mechanic and something that was nerfed on p99 or if it was something introduced after luclin.

When trying this on p99, the mob will run when nothing is in melee range but immediately stop and fight pet, even if I've really really made them made with 10 drowzies.

Did blind aggro kiting ever work on p99?
Old 03-15-2021, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

I don't know the answer to your question, but I do wonder what you are trying to accomplish. it sounds like you could just as easily aggro kite the mob-- why use blind? I guess being a spellcaster it might matter the difference. Is that the issue?

The few times ive messed around with blind on p99 it seems to match how it generally worked during the "classic" era. Mob will run a direction as if feared and will only stop to melee anything it bumps into basically. Since it can and will only attack mobs in its attack range, your hate generation won't have any effect until the blind ends.
Old 03-15-2021, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know the answer to your question, but I do wonder what you are trying to accomplish. it sounds like you could just as easily aggro kite the mob-- why use blind? I guess being a spellcaster it might matter the difference. Is that the issue?

The few times ive messed around with blind on p99 it seems to match how it generally worked during the "classic" era. Mob will run a direction as if feared and will only stop to melee anything it bumps into basically. Since it can and will only attack mobs in its attack range, your hate generation won't have any effect until the blind ends.

The benefit to Blind Kiting is it prevents caster mobs from casting. I did blind kiting when my Shaman was level 52, against the sirens in Cobalt Scar when I was working on my Shawl quests. At that level they had a good chance of charming me or my pet, which was very annoying.

You are correct, Blind makes the mob run around as if it was feared. If something on the Blinded mob's hate list enters melee range, the mob will stop running and attack. How much hate you have is irrelevant.

EDIT: If you want to Blind Kite, you can't use your pet. Use DoTs, Epic Click, JBB, etc. to kill the mob outside of melee range.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 03-15-2021 at 08:33 PM..
Closed Thread