Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 10:00 PM
Large Bat

Default Lore Item recognized in inventory

Hey guys,

I've been trying to do the Robe of the Elements quest for quite some time. I've realized when I go to loot the "Fire Goblin Skin" I'm not allowed because it recognizes that it is a Lore item and I have one in my inventory. The problem is, I do not have one in my inventory. I've looked high and low, and it appears there may be a file on the server that has written that I looted this Fire Goblin Skin but it doesn't actually show it. Is there anyway we can alter that text file to remove the Fire Goblin Skin? I can loot another one. I've assumed the /petition was the way to report these, I'm sorry for spamming you guys, I was just made aware that those no longer are used.

Thanks in advance!

-Swinky
Old 04-02-2021, 10:28 PM
Planar Protector

Have you checked your bank? You cannot loot a lore item if one exists in your bank as well
Old 04-03-2021, 04:24 AM
Planar Protector

/output inventory c:/mystuff.txt

Open the file this creates and use the find function to locate the item.

It will document/search your bank too.

Occasionally, very rarely, things get stuck in a slot in a container which doesn’t display, e.g something stuck in the 9th slot of an 8th slot back pack. If this has happened you can ‘fix’ it by taking everything you want to keep out of the bag and corpsing the bag. The hidden item now being on a corpsed bag will no longer prevent you looting a new copy.
Old 04-06-2021, 08:52 PM
Large Bat

Kavious - I know the item is not in my bank - for the record thanks though I had thought of that.

Jimjam - Im not sure what you want me to do there, did you want me to do /output inventory in game? or something? Sorry I'm a bit confused.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

Had to ask about the bank since it wasnt stated in the original post. Sometimes the answer to problems can be simple -- Wasnt trying to offend

Are on blue and using custom UIs? If so you could try loading another UI to see if its just an interface display issue. If not, the outputfile command mentioned should help locate the problem

The outputfile command will create a text file of everything that character has that you can search through and see where the Lore item is located. Once you know where its at (what bag its in but cannot see/access it) then you can work on accessing it or just removing it

https://wiki.project1999.com/Commands#.2Foutputfile

/outputfile inventory CharacterName.txt

^ This is how I use it and the default location is your main EQ directory
Old 04-07-2021, 01:00 AM
Large Bat

Kavious - I totally understand, I didn't know how to say I checked it without sounding annoyed (I'm not at all, I really appreciate the help) lol, turns out I failed.

I'm on green, I only have default UI

Ok thats great help, thank you! I will try this tomorrow!
Closed Thread