Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 06:46 PM
Kobold

bard PLs to 60, armies of coth bots, doing as little work as possible to kill dragons, zoneline pulls, yeah we are disrespecting the journey lol
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 04-07-2021, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Am I remembering wrong, but wasn’t OP in BDA or Forceful Entry back in like 2012-2013. I feel like I associate his avatar with BDA.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:43 PM
Banned

MUHHH PIXELS!!!!!
Old 04-07-2021, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

MUHHH HAIR!!!!!

*gasps*
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-08-2021, 03:25 AM
Aviak

Why do you believe that having a solid political game is less valuable than a good race team, geared/zerg force, or bot army?

A long history of toxicity (big bans), pixel hoarding, and denial culture created the context for CSR to step in and and make room for an agreement between a majority of raiding guilds on the server.

Execution of an aggressive political strategy within this context resulted in a 4x/year draft. The draft didn't just "happen." People worked to make it happen. That effort is on par with winning the FTE race, leading a guild to victory, and executing solid strategies.

All these elements contribute to the journey.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:27 AM
Sarnak

The journey is delayed gratification, which butts heads in a society where a lot of things are instant gratification. The delayed gratification of getting that item/killing that target is lost in these weeks, as its now a path of instant gratification.

The internal reward I would argue is much greater when there is a journey attached to getting where you want. This is why we see the vast majority of video game have this element too it. Whether it being completed challenges or accomplishments to unlock weapons in Call of Duty, or whether it be mining or gathering resources to reach your goal in Minecraft, or any game where there are levels and bosses. There is a internal reward piece to this which really keeps people playing. It's a lot of fun this way too. Now you can use a hack to unlock all the weapons in Call of Duty, or play on a different mode in Minecraft, or skip to the final bosses levels that skips this journey. Is it fun this way? Sure a lot of people enjoy this, but I would argue the vast majority enjoy the other way better because there is a greater internal reward. Are the feelings the same in which one has to put a lot of time, effort, overcome obstacles, and compete to achieve that item they are after in Everquest, vs the opposite? I would argue for a lot and dare say the majority it is not.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

For me the journey has been:

Sitting in fear while TMO got trained endlessly.
Getting ganked and ganking on red in vanilla unrest at lvl 30 in rags.
Casey posts.
Killing Goinz, Champ, with <Neriak Chess Club>

Creating <Fay Nobility> and <Kittens who Sparkle> then abandoning them to neglect and the rest of red.

Losing my friends Rubi Bp.
Spamming Ooc.
Getting lvl 30 and quitting 50x

Lulz posts.

And all a long the way learning to say the F words less and make cute selfies.

Also, sorry Swish & Nirgon. Idk I ever hated u so much.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Partnering up with Big Hurb, and Gaffin was good times too. Also breaking Tunaks heart. Being frenemies with Miguel and his billion alts, and cock blocking Nizzar. And weirding out Kevin, blueflower.

R.i.p. folks. Those times r gone. No raid loots once.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschoolplayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The journey is delayed gratification, which butts heads in a society where a lot of things are instant gratification. The delayed gratification of getting that item/killing that target is lost in these weeks, as its now a path of instant gratification.

The internal reward I would argue is much greater when there is a journey attached to getting where you want. This is why we see the vast majority of video game have this element too it. Whether it being completed challenges or accomplishments to unlock weapons in Call of Duty, or whether it be mining or gathering resources to reach your goal in Minecraft, or any game where there are levels and bosses. There is a internal reward piece to this which really keeps people playing. It's a lot of fun this way too. Now you can use a hack to unlock all the weapons in Call of Duty, or play on a different mode in Minecraft, or skip to the final bosses levels that skips this journey. Is it fun this way? Sure a lot of people enjoy this, but I would argue the vast majority enjoy the other way better because there is a greater internal reward. Are the feelings the same in which one has to put a lot of time, effort, overcome obstacles, and compete to achieve that item they are after in Everquest, vs the opposite? I would argue for a lot and dare say the majority it is not.
Elf Materiel Interests: A Jungian Perspective
Old 04-08-2021, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

I think what is stopping me from attaining a light body is that it is essentially creative mode and I don't feel worthy of mod powers and level designs.
Closed Thread