Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-01-2021, 04:35 AM
Planar Protector

Default DoT Damage Bug

When you root a mob that is running full speed (i.e. agro'd on you and charging), DoT damage will often (always?) be at the reduced (moving) rate. Rerooting the mob does not fix this. It doesn't matter if the DoTs were already on the mob or are cast after it is rooted.

The only fix I've found to this in-game is to engage the mob in melee after it is rooted. Alternately you can root it while melee'ing to avoid trigering the bug [edit](Is not a problem if the mobs can be rooted in place and don't need pulling, until of course you get a root break and the mob charges you.) [/edit] This is obviously NOT an ideal tactic for a druid as at higher levels dual-wielding mobs are able to vaporize you in seconds.
Old 03-02-2021, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Bug is 100%. Use Root to stop a mob running full speed with agro (i.e. chasing) and DoT damage will be as if mob still running. Step in for a round of melee and DoT damage applied correctly thereafter. (Don't need the late, lamented, damage messages when full damage is ~ 2.5%/tick and reduced is ~1.5%/tick, is pretty easy to see).

Also, prob shoulda put this in Green bugs forum if some kind mod feels like moving it.