Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 07:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember recieveing a random tell on my level 52 shaman, shortly after velious came out, asking if still needed the tear from plane of fear for my epic.
I had very similar experiences to this. I think the greed is just over the top on this server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make all raid target loot bind on pickup / not MQáble.

Hear, hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(according to sirkens stream, rogean, two guild masters, and a third party "raid lawyer" even had to meet in real life to settle a dispute once... that's insane..
Did someone literally hire a lawyer to settle something from P99? If that is the kind of people that play this server, then it makes me wonder if I even want to be here.
Last edited by renordw; 12-13-2016 at 07:18 PM..
Old 12-13-2016, 08:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Did someone literally hire a lawyer to settle something from P99? If that is the kind of people that play this server, then it makes me wonder if I even want to be here.
From what I understood. It's a player that is very familiar with the end game raid scene and is working on his law degree (not so sure about law degree part).

This player hires himself out to raid guilds on the grounds that if he successfully argues there side and gets the offending guild raid banned than he gets one piece of loot (his pick) from any raid target that you down during the ban period. His logic being that if said guild hadn't been banned you wouldn't have necessarily gotten those targets or any of the loot from the them.

At least that's what he made it sound like. But during the stream rogean confirmed that he, this raid lawyer, and two guild leaders had all met up in real life at a Cheesecake Factory to hash out some raid dispute. I can't believe the GM's would rather do stuff like this then implement a rotation system....
Old 12-13-2016, 08:20 PM
Sarnak

Jesus. Christ. I probably won't ever log in again after reading that. What a mess.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation (^∇^)

Just want to point out that people who are overly serious in all likelihood secretly hate fun because it does them so they want to destroy it wherever they find itS I implore my fellow elf peoples to help these people learn to make fools of themselves :3 May have to push through a hedge of anger and bog or two of sorrow to get there, but rested assured, once one has sufficiently devalued themself, there ain't nothin to do butt laugh ^^
Old 12-14-2016, 04:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
From what I understood. It's a player that is very familiar with the end game raid scene and is working on his law degree (not so sure about law degree part).

This player hires himself out to raid guilds on the grounds that if he successfully argues there side and gets the offending guild raid banned than he gets one piece of loot (his pick) from any raid target that you down during the ban period. His logic being that if said guild hadn't been banned you wouldn't have necessarily gotten those targets or any of the loot from the them.

At least that's what he made it sound like. But during the stream rogean confirmed that he, this raid lawyer, and two guild leaders had all met up in real life at a Cheesecake Factory to hash out some raid dispute. I can't believe the GM's would rather do stuff like this then implement a rotation system....
Is this real? My god. Dude sounds like a character out of a Tarantino movie, like the one Harvey Keitel played in Pulp Fiction. "I'm Winston Wolf - I solve problems."

There seems to be no end to the depths of ridiculousness when it comes to the lust of pixels on this server.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There seems to be no end to the depths of ridiculousness when it comes to the lust of pixels on this server.
Or the fallout on the forums because of it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-14-2016, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this real? My god. Dude sounds like a character out of a Tarantino movie, like the one Harvey Keitel played in Pulp Fiction. "I'm Winston Wolf - I solve problems."

As far as I know, this is not an actual fact. There was a player a while back who did a series of satirical posts about being a lawyer and getting hired. Satire seems to be missed around here a lot.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Sadly, I'm pretty sure Unbrella does actually do that stuff, unless he was glibly trolling everyone on Sirken's last stream. Dude made that entire broadcast unlistenable, by the way. I would sooner shoot my dick off with a rifle than subject myself to a minute of VoIP chat with someone like him.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sadly, I'm pretty sure Unbrella does actually do that stuff, unless he was glibly trolling everyone on Sirken's last stream. Dude made that entire broadcast unlistenable, by the way. I would sooner shoot my dick off with a rifle than subject myself to a minute of VoIP chat with someone like him.
I am intrigued. Almost makes me want to go watch and listen to the stream if this Umbrella guy is on there. And I have never listened to a stream in my entire life.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't hear a word he was saying, he was chewing food for about an hour straight and only stopped to breathe to talk about food to her. Wife must be a lousy cook if you have to chew everything 30 times before its swallowable.

yikes
Closed Thread