Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 10:58 PM
Sarnak

Default Mysteries of Everquest (or just lazy devs)

Enough of forming crews to be jerks...

Curious if there are any weird, undeveloped parts of Everquest in the Classic era. One example (from a later expansion) would be the "unknown" zone in Luclin, between Netherbian Lair and Shadowhaven. Another example, which is from Kunark - was there a reason for the Abadoned Crypt in the Field of Bone?
Old 12-14-2016, 01:30 AM
Sarnak

Pyzjn dropped the glowing black stone which identified as Varsoons Heart - when charmed she had some dialog regarding NPCs in Qeynos catacombs and a plot to kill her if I remember correctly - quest was never completed and potentially never finished
Old 12-14-2016, 01:34 AM
Large Rat

There is a door in The Hole that Rogues can unlock, but it leads to no where. It was supposed to be the Plane of Underfoot, which was never added.

I think this is the sort of thing you're talking about.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worst [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a door in The Hole that Rogues can unlock, but it leads to no where. It was supposed to be the Plane of Underfoot, which was never added.

I think this is the sort of thing you're talking about.
In modern day EQ the door now leads to the underfoot, so yes, you're correct.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

There is a nice little spat fued in HHK if you are interested. Go have a stroll through there and talk to a few guests upstairs. There is a hidden quest in there somewhere but I could never figure it out.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 12-14-2016, 02:36 AM
Kobold

You'd be amazed what happens if you knock a wall through the back of the minotaur caves in Steamfont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-14-2016, 12:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'd be amazed what happens if you knock a wall through the back of the minotaur caves in Steamfont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amaze me
Old 12-14-2016, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

What were the Rathe Mountain sphinxes for?

Sontalak, when hailed, asks for proof of killing the giant leaders. On live, when I handed in the heads that drop off of Tormax's guards to him, he ate them. Did he actually want Tormax's head? What quest is that?

Supposedly there are 3k items undiscovered from the old, classic world. Is there some obscure hail message you need to do to some obscure npc (or charmed npc)? I know there was a rogue GM in Halas you could kill to get some cool looking dagger. I wonder if there's more like that; rarely killed mobs with rare drops
Old 12-14-2016, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

From what I have read on forums and what not a lot of the mysteries of everquest were just stuff unfinished by people that got fired/left to do other things and interns.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

The living froglok king on live had a response to "What sword" when charmed, which was supposedly a remnant of the original Fiery Avenger quest. The response got removed some time after Velious hit.

Found out about it randomly when the Enchanter in my king/tac group charmed the king for shits and another person in the group said "what sword" in response to a conversation going on in the grp about the Mithril 2hander.
Closed Thread