Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this real? My god. Dude sounds like a character out of a Tarantino movie, like the one Harvey Keitel played in Pulp Fiction. "I'm Winston Wolf - I solve problems."

There seems to be no end to the depths of ridiculousness when it comes to the lust of pixels on this server.
It's not THAT that concerns me, it's the fact that the admins indulge this behavior. Even if it's satire, the fact that the raiding forum exists makes my stomach churn.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't hear a word he was saying, he was chewing food for about an hour straight and only stopped to breathe to talk about food to her. Wife must be a lousy cook if you have to chew everything 30 times before its swallowable.

yikes
That or he was eating homemade jerky? That stuff really takes a long time to chew, man! And the sounds it makes... yeah. He must have been stuffing his mouth with some beef jerky or something similar.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as I know, this is not an actual fact. There was a player a while back who did a series of satirical posts about being a lawyer and getting hired. Satire seems to be missed around here a lot.
You can go watch sirkens stream. It's one of the most recent ones talking about "the raid scene" or a title like that. The "raid lawyer" I'm talking about is one of the two guests, ACgamer being the other. During the stream, in the twitch chat, rogean himself comments about "seeing him raid lawyer in real life was pretty impressive/interesting" (or something along those lines). And then sirken asks him to tell the story. And he does.

I can't say if it for real happened or not, but I don't get why they would make it up.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Hmm, yeah thats not what i thought it was. I take it back. Er, I mean : Let the record show that I retract my assertion, prima post facie.
Last edited by fadetree; 12-14-2016 at 02:21 PM..
Old 12-14-2016, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm, yeah thats not what i thought it was. I take it back. Er, I mean : Let the record show that I retract my assertion, prima post facie.
Retraction sustained [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-14-2016, 02:41 PM
Kobold

For me it has become Fun-Differently.

I used to be in a raid guild here on Project 99. between the infighting and banging heads with other guilds.... It simply lost its appeal for me.

These days I focus on what I enjoy. I play my little necro from time to time. Work on more druid guides "And one for the lil necro" I look for events such as ring wars that I can help with, and enjoy helping / participating with the Project-Fun events.

I've learned to stay away from specific threads on the forums, they simply cause more hate and Ire then they are worth.

Ill never go back to raiding or trying to get uber loots because I know that's a giant poop sandwich. To many selfish folks, to much time invested for enjoyment factor.

Saum Baudee
Druid of Tunare
The Quad Kiting Kid

Naumess
Necro'ing up the new way
Old 12-14-2016, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For me it has become Fun-Differently.

I used to be in a raid guild here on Project 99. between the infighting and banging heads with other guilds.... It simply lost its appeal for me.
Oh god yes this. And hearing people screeching in vent, bragging about their drug problems.... Ugggggggggggh
Old 12-14-2016, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I understood. It's a player that is very familiar with the end game raid scene and is working on his law degree (not so sure about law degree part).

This player hires himself out to raid guilds on the grounds that if he successfully argues there side and gets the offending guild raid banned than he gets one piece of loot (his pick) from any raid target that you down during the ban period. His logic being that if said guild hadn't been banned you wouldn't have necessarily gotten those targets or any of the loot from the them.

At least that's what he made it sound like. But during the stream rogean confirmed that he, this raid lawyer, and two guild leaders had all met up in real life at a Cheesecake Factory to hash out some raid dispute. I can't believe the GM's would rather do stuff like this then implement a rotation system....
That's gotta be satire. I can't imagine Rogean would waste his time on shit like that since it's his server.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

I think he meant to type Sirken there. Rogean doesn't do CSR, and he surely doesn't meet up with P99 guild leaders in real life.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's gotta be satire. I can't imagine Rogean would waste his time on shit like that since it's his server.
Just watch the stream :/ it sounded way to real. And I agree, I can't believe the GM's would do crap like that rather than enforce a rotation system or something. And the fact that these guild leaders have enough sway to call a meeting with rogean really makes one wonder about the validity of all these "sanctioned RMT" claims, I used to think it was all BS, then I watched this stream and began to wonder....
Closed Thread