Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Classic mechanics or classic feel?
Classic mechanics 30 41.67%
Classic feel 42 58.33%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 02:16 PM
Kobold

What the farmers are doing is easy. They are killing the PHs and coming back 8 hours later to kill the next spawn. Thats kind of how it works. If you want to compete then atleast realize these mobs arent spawning themselves 90% of the time.

I see so much hate on uber guilds acting like this small group is special because theyre BIS or they are RMT. But the truth is anyone with the the right make up of skilled players can do what they do and enjoy doing it plat or not. Doing tough content with low numbers is really all there is to do at the high end other than raid. Would you rather the qiest items rot?
Old 12-15-2016, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

tsmis (they should make it so) that once you gain enough exp to ding 61 you go back to 1. The circle of life.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What the farmers are doing is easy. They are killing the PHs and coming back 8 hours later to kill the next spawn. Thats kind of how it works. If you want to compete then atleast realize these mobs arent spawning themselves 90% of the time.

I see so much hate on uber guilds acting like this small group is special because theyre BIS or they are RMT. But the truth is anyone with the the right make up of skilled players can do what they do and enjoy doing it plat or not. Doing tough content with low numbers is really all there is to do at the high end other than raid. Would you rather the qiest items rot?
I'm sure they'd rather get their epics the way the game was designed for them to get their epics - Its not called EverBuyYourMultiQuest its Everquest. They wouldn't be rotting if the mobs were up and people respected each other enough to do what most servers on live did and that's create lists and rotations.

Pretending they wouldnt whine and cry, train each other, scream and rage quit if it was happening to them won't help, I could post a number of salt filled links to threads on this forums Jerry Springer section if you like? But I don't think I have to do I.

Pretending that hate or fear is some sort of small group tough content for guild membrs in NTov is laughable. Farming newbie raid zones is achieving one thing only, making lots of plat by preventing others from getting their epic pieces so you can dictate the price and inflate to stupid levels.

Spin more
Old 12-15-2016, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tsmis (they should make it so) that once you gain enough exp to ding 61 you go back to 1. The circle of life.
I like this idea very much. Though, I feel it would trivialize my monthly purge (I eat an xp death once a month to make sure I don't fall prey to the idea that any of this, least of all myself, should be taken seriously :3 )

I will also add that. Would like to see the Halloween Quest mob response implemented as a random treat for incomplete quest turn ins, but make it instant and quadruple it w/ --1999 resist modifier ^^

"I said 5,000 gold pieces!"

BOOM!!

What you think? Anyone? Yes? ^^
Old 12-15-2016, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

» About Project 1999 Project 1999 started development in 2008, and was released in October of 2009. The mission of the project is to create the classic feeling that many had during the early days of Everquest during those time periods, starting with Classic content and releasing the other expansions and content on a similar timeline that was experienced on Live. The server will stop at Velious, at which point many options will be considered, including possible custom content that will maintain the spirit of the game, and/or an additional new server starting over at Pre-Kunark.

http://www.project1999.com/index.php?pageid=about

I'll wager most of the server did NOT experience this sort of game play.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

Well sure, but it sure would generate a classic feeling. How many "omgosh wtf this super sux" moments did you encounter in early EQ? That's right, a LOT. How many do you experience now? Not so many, huh? Yep.

#instaquadraicecometforimmersion
Old 12-15-2016, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well sure, but it sure would generate a classic feeling. How many "omgosh wtf this super sux" moments did you encounter in early EQ? That's right, a LOT. How many do you experience now? Not so many, huh? Yep.

#instaquadraicecometforimmersion
Personally myself? Not many, if any at all. If a game was a horrible waste of time and of no enjoyment; why would one subject themselves to a constant waste of time and/or dissatisfaction? Games are meant to be played and enjoyed for the reasons they were made. If you missed it...
The mission of the project is to create the classic feeling that many had during the early days of Everquest.

Hope this helps, friend
Old 12-15-2016, 07:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll wager most of the server did NOT experience this sort of game play.
QFT
Old 12-15-2016, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
QFT
This bears repeating.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:47 PM
Banned

Best advice for this is I would FORM A CREW

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread