Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mus3t11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'd have to talk to Daybreak Games and have them lift the sanctions on Project 99. Currently no new emulated servers can be created by staff, that's why the Discord server isn't around.
Don't you just love how the most ill-informed are always the loudest?
Old 07-21-2017, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah go ahead and donate 10k, Can't hurt.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
staff keeps confirming a new server will come. sure it won't be as soon as you want it. buckle up for the long haul or join a live progression.
We don't need another server. Filbus Furryfoot keeps this one fresh enough.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(I play fine with a 320 ping but I'm sure there's ping snobs)
It's probably safe to assume you don't compete for Lodi or Scout eyh? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-21-2017, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrkn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd easily donate $10,000 for a new server. Playing EverQuest is a comparably cheap hobby. No girlfriend, no expenses.
No fuckin' way can that be true
Old 07-21-2017, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's definitely not true. You know how long it would take a couple of developers to make all of the changes they have made to the original EQEmu code? It would take a long ass time, and it would cost you a ton of money. You could probably start a P99 server that wasn't as good, and without the changes though.

However, it would be amazing if they added some "donate for this cause" or "donate to get this updated faster" or "donate to get a new server running sooner" type of fund raising where they could hire some developer to work on a task for some $$ and get it completed more quickly. But, they never will because I'm certain Daybreak would not be happy. And, no I'm NOT saying they add this type of fund raising for ANY change, but just to speed up the plans to which they have already committed or planned to implement.
Give me 10k I'll have a team start right away and it will be ready in 6 months. That kind of cash can go a long way.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-21-2017, 10:03 PM
Banned

Give me 10k and I'll take it and use it for something more important than another EQ emulator, such as investing my developing skill set and leadership abilities so that I will become the First President of Mars
Old 07-21-2017, 11:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytral [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's probably safe to assume you don't compete for Lodi or Scout eyh? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very safe to assume that, and I don't dabble in the world of banned third party programs either [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-21-2017, 11:55 PM
Fire Giant

It's a volunteer staff working on their hobby.

i advise you to vastly lower your expectations
Old 07-22-2017, 12:25 PM
Aviak

if they nerfed sea fury to decrease inflation (why else?) its probably likely a new server is farther away rather than closer imo
Closed Thread