Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Default Reason why item prices are increasing on P99 Blue

I believe the increase in cost for items is due to resellers, also known as FAT CATS. Allow me to explain.

When a reseller buys an item and marks it up, then sells that item to another reseller who then in turn marks the item up, this creates a neverending cycle of price inflation! With 96% of the sellers in EC being resellers, this cycle never ends!

Wiki prices are held captive by reseller prices, making it seem as though these extremely high prices are normal, another side effect of high prices being commonly flaunted in the EC /auc channel.

Think of being a fresh, new player joining P99 looking to buy some wares from EC only to find everything highly inflated to the point nothing is affordable! This will push away new players, which eventually will ruin the server! Without new players, P99 is doomed.

I suggest creating a special zone where only resellers are allowed to hock their wares. This would allow them to constantly buy and resell to one another, creating a constant circle-jerk of auctions between them, yet this would spare the real players of the game an opportunity to buy/sell from one another without having to try to navigate through highly inflated item prices.
Last edited by Lhancelot; 10-30-2017 at 05:36 PM..
Old 10-30-2017, 05:44 PM
Aviak

Sadly a very true statement, only options for new players seems to be quickly level a strong solo class and poopsock rare items or join a guild with its own internal economy like <Auld Lang Syne>, the latter option sounds more fun imo.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

Can you just take a break from posting for a while?
Old 10-30-2017, 05:56 PM
Sarnak

I think the prices are actually going down tbh mate, fbss used to be 10k now it's like 3k lmao. Plus there are so many cheap twink items that sell for dirt cheap that any new player can easily afford - Sword of Skyfire for example, monk weapons, rogue piercers, cheap war weps, etc etc.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:43 PM
Aviak

if you are a new player here you will be given free shit because there is literally so much to go around. look at the starting zone forums, help is not hard to come by. so i don't believe new players are pushed away because fungi's are 45k instead of 20 or 35 or whatever.

nobody will give you free fungi's etc... the price increase you speak of is for high end gear which is in more demand because there is a large % of players that are 50+. this is because of competition to purchase items of value.

you literally have to TRY to level up classic without free shit if thats what you want to do.

for your point about fat cats reselling to other fat cats, well at some point people will decide they are better off farming the item for themselves whether it be joining a guild or leveling a solo class.. in which case the resellers will take a loss and either be stuck holding a greedy investment or they will sell it and break even or at a loss.

negotiating is what makes trading in EQ so great, if you blindly accept a fat cats price then you are feeding into the problem. its each persons responsibility to check what an item is worth and if wiki prices are unreliable than as a community its important to ask friends and trusted players what a fair price is, and if it is a sound argument then advertise it publicly and negotiate assertively and fat cats must submit or be left holding bags.

the real problem would be if there are people with so much money that they pay over the top prices just because they are rolling in cash, which is a bigger problem than nerfing seafuries to stop inflation IMO
Old 10-30-2017, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvurwolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you are a new player here you will be given free shit because there is literally so much to go around. look at the starting zone forums, help is not hard to come by. so i don't believe new players are pushed away because fungi's are 45k instead of 20 or 35 or whatever.

nobody will give you free fungi's etc... the price increase you speak of is for high end gear which is in more demand because there is a large % of players that are 50+. this is because of competition to purchase items of value.

you literally have to TRY to level up classic without free shit if thats what you want to do.

for your point about fat cats reselling to other fat cats, well at some point people will decide they are better off farming the item for themselves whether it be joining a guild or leveling a solo class.. in which case the resellers will take a loss and either be stuck holding a greedy investment or they will sell it and break even or at a loss.

negotiating is what makes trading in EQ so great, if you blindly accept a fat cats price then you are feeding into the problem. its each persons responsibility to check what an item is worth and if wiki prices are unreliable than as a community its important to ask friends and trusted players what a fair price is, and if it is a sound argument then advertise it publicly and negotiate assertively and fat cats must submit or be left holding bags.

the real problem would be if there are people with so much money that they pay over the top prices just because they are rolling in cash, which is a bigger problem than nerfing seafuries to stop inflation IMO
These are all great points, but thing is people are always lazy. They'd rather pay fatcat prices than farm an item themselves.

Sometimes it's a matter of simply not having the time to invest into raiding or guilding and getting stuff that's highly contested, like a fungi tunic.

How is a new-like player supposed to get a fungi tunic, if this item keeps going up? 3 weeks ago, fungi tunics were 40k. Suddenly now people are /aucing them for 50k+ or more.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:21 PM
Banned

P99 prices are currently lower by far than they were at the equivalent timeline point on live. This is true for nearly every item in EC. Sorry, I just don’t buy the “but but it’s too hard for new players” argument. It’s never been easier to twink out a character than it is now. Yes, it still takes a lot of time to do it, but it always has.

People that complain about this aren’t being oppressed by this force of neck beards reselling items. They’re just whining. The reason why you can buy a haste item for the time cost of a few hours of hill giant farming is the fact that these same neckbeards have farmed so much of this shit on this server.

Are you sad that you don’t have a fungi tunic? Do you think you deserve this game changing item because it’s 2017 and you have a job? Too fucking bad. You knew what you were getting into when you rolled p99.

Also, Lhance, you post some good stuff, but a separate zone for resellers? Seriously?
Old 10-30-2017, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, Lhance, you post some good stuff, but a separate zone for resellers? Seriously?
It's a slow day at the office man. I am just testing the air.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
These are all great points, but thing is people are always lazy. They'd rather pay fatcat prices than farm an item themselves.

Sometimes it's a matter of simply not having the time to invest into raiding or guilding and getting stuff that's highly contested, like a fungi tunic.

How is a new-like player supposed to get a fungi tunic, if this item keeps going up? 3 weeks ago, fungi tunics were 40k. Suddenly now people are /aucing them for 50k+ or more.
very true and with that perspective i agree completely

i forgot to ask for an example but fungi is probably the perfect one, it will always have demand. more than any other item, and i almost immediately guess the fungi you saw for 40k is the same one being sold for 50k, but if its multiple people then all it takes is one to lowball for only 5k more than he paid to flip quick then boom price gets recognized.

but ultimately if people pay 50k to the fat cats its worth 50k, can't do anything about that except not pay 50k.

when i first leveled up i had around 50k or more saved up to get a fungi, i imagine thats what new players do too, save up for that shit they've always wanted.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

prices are going down universally - OP way out of touch
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread