Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 08:42 AM
Sarnak

Default Coin should be droppable

Currently we're unable to drop coin for ground transfers. Classic behavior is that coin can be dropped (and thus ground transferred), as referenced in the Oct 1, 2000 patch notes. Does it cause too many RMT issues to enable?

The relevant patch notes from Oct 1 2000:

*Fast Drop*

Our most exciting change today is an option that allows players to
avoid accidentally dropping items on the ground. The new client allows
players to set "Item Dropping" preferences on the "General" options
tab.

Please note that whatever your setting, coin will always be dropped
without confirmation.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

I think its disabled on purpose to make RMT more difficult
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think its disabled on purpose to make RMT more difficult
I had a suspicion. I could definitely see that being the case.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Naw. I believe it’s a limitation of the client.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:15 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naw. I believe it’s a limitation of the client.
It is indeed a limitation of the client. This is on a long standing list of issues to develop if/when able.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Half serious solution: why not just prevent the coin drop action if a player already has dropped a coin pile in the last _____ (however long it takes to disappear) minutes? Obviously only one coin pile at a time isn't classic, but it's more classic than zero coin piles ...

This would guarantee no mass coin piles, which is what broke things last time, right? (Unless a whole guild teamed up or something, but then you could suspend them for zone disruption.) But it would still let people leave a surprise coin pile in a newbie zone, or drop transfer to alts without gems.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:30 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Half serious solution: why not just prevent the coin drop action if a player already has dropped a coin pile in the last _____ (however long it takes to disappear) minutes? Obviously only one coin pile at a time isn't classic, but it's more classic than zero coin piles ...

This would guarantee no mass coin piles, which is what broke things last time, right? (Unless a whole guild teamed up or something, but then you could suspend them for zone disruption.) But it would still let people leave a surprise coin pile in a newbie zone, or drop transfer to alts without gems.
You assume we can just... drop coins. Or that the coin object/texture exists. Or any code exists to control any of this. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-14-2019, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You assume we can just... drop coins. Or that the coin object/texture exists. Or any code exists to control any of this. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I (mistakenly) thought the issue was that it was possible before (I thought someone said Blue had it back in the day), but idiots were spelling things out with coin drops, and that caused performance issues for everyone seeing those mass piles of coins. So I figured "you had dropping before, and you have a way to stop it now, so just toggling based on time should be possible ... and should prevent the performance problems."

I had bad info, apologies!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-14-2019 at 01:44 PM..
Old 10-14-2019, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=48308

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 10-14-2019, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks!

Closed Thread