Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soloed around Seb plenty on my Paladin, if calm fails you have Root. I have 5500 hpts and 1600 AC self buffed. I have enough mana to heal myself with HoTs for like 12k. That doesn't count include Lay Hands or clickies like Soulfire. Primal and Vulak Axe/Tunare Sword/Great Spear of Dawn do pretty good damage. Sword and Board or swap in epic for bashes + paly stuns make dealing with casters a lot easier than most other melee.

I know I can solo any of the crypt bosses. I can't really recall if I bothered with much of the other stuff, I usually go solo NG or the other bugs as something I can do while I do other stuff in rl between spawns.

I would imagine a SK is very capable as well. A well equipped monk can do pretty well and FD is awesome but at certain point hpt recovery will be much slower for a monk than a paladin. So in a race FD would let you skip a lot of stuff but it depends on the ruleset.
monks can bw to 70% and mend, i dont think they will have any issues out pacing a paladin. even them regaining hp sitting down is faster then us trying to med back up. also their dps at the top end still trumps avatar and vulak axe in my experience. i think we can kill anything they can kill at this point now that they cant use soulfire, but they are still always going to do it better, especially with worts. in my experience if i really want to kill something i use one of my monks instead of my paladin but my paladin is 300hp and 100ac worse off then yours self buffed. happy to participate in this challenge but no expectation that i could outpace an equally geared monk.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
happy to participate in this challenge but no expectation that i could outpace an equally geared monk.
I don't think it's about the pace or approach rather its about the adventure and pushing the envelope for your characters.

For educational purposes, we can compare a velious monk vs kunark monk for the disco crawl.

I will be the first to admit I don't think a Kunark monk or EC monk can complete the crawl.

Monks are going to struggle with out bis. A pally or sk are a lot less dependent on gear. Imo
Old 05-15-2020, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think it's about the pace or approach rather its about the adventure and pushing the envelope for your characters.

For educational purposes, we can compare a velious monk vs kunark monk for the disco crawl.

I will be the first to admit I don't think a Kunark monk or EC monk can complete the crawl.

Monks are going to struggle with out bis. A pally or sk are a lot less dependent on gear. Imo
no kunark geared paladin is going to be steadily clearing his way through seb either though. even in velious bis i have to stop and med up.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
monks can bw to 70% and mend, i dont think they will have any issues out pacing a paladin. even them regaining hp sitting down is faster then us trying to med back up. also their dps at the top end still trumps avatar and vulak axe in my experience. i think we can kill anything they can kill at this point now that they cant use soulfire, but they are still always going to do it better, especially with worts. in my experience if i really want to kill something i use one of my monks instead of my paladin but my paladin is 300hp and 100ac worse off then yours self buffed. happy to participate in this challenge but no expectation that i could outpace an equally geared monk.
Monk dps with equivalent gear will definitely outpace Knight dps.

As far as mana vs hpt regen, it's important to consider that mana turns into x4 hpts.

Clickies also make a big difference, fat stacks of jaspers will give you hpts for days. In generl a lot of cliches make big differences. Eyepatch self haste is nice. A monk with debuff stuff will do better than one without. (A paly has debuff spells). Aalpha's pre-nerf fungi stick is pretty awesome.

I can go pretty far without having to stop and med. I'm not sure if worts should be considered, anyone can use them and the limit is more about financial resources. If you had unlimited wort pots a monk would clear faster because of dps for sure.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 05-16-2020, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

How many mana/tick does a geared paladin make? 1 per tick plus narandi crown? A monk makes 25% cheal every 6 mins... assuming some good gear thats like a dozen hp per tick on top of their base regen, race bonus, bandaging and worn regen.

As to worts, maybe allow one dose for every 100pp worth looted to go some way as to balance cost?
Old 05-16-2020, 02:42 AM
Sarnak

freaking named is being a rare jerk. also the ph is ilis, yikes
Old 05-16-2020, 02:56 AM
Planar Protector

Oh wow, you're still at it... I thought you'd be began and done while I slept thru the night... this is some good breakfast TV! Goodluck pal!
Old 05-16-2020, 04:16 AM
Sarnak

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/622382057 well i did it lol freaking 5 hours and 30 min to spawn that jerk. and he gave me a run for my money
Old 05-16-2020, 04:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many mana/tick does a geared paladin make? 1 per tick plus narandi crown? A monk makes 25% cheal every 6 mins... assuming some good gear thats like a dozen hp per tick on top of their base regen, race bonus, bandaging and worn regen.
Narandi Crown and CT brain will put me at 23 mana a tick. Ring 10 and Worn Aura of Battle + Casted Aura of Battle (which I have on when I don't have Avatar) is 21 hpts a tick sitting. Could get that to 34 with fungi because of worn regen cap.

So sitting for a minute gets the mana for a HoT and with regen nets over 1k hpts, assuming you aren't recasting non-clickie buffs.

However, with a relatively small amount of cost if you got a lot of bag space you can stock up on jaspers and use the DW BP to get over 1800+ hpts a minute with clicks. Even with standing regen can pull over 2k hpts a minute for a pretty small cost.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 05-16-2020, 10:00 AM
Kobold

Trivonus basically depends how much plat you got to spend if going monk route you'd need alot of fancy toys clickies prenerf fungi staff giggles
Closed Thread