Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

A monk will have an easier time bypassing stuff and getting to different spots much faster.

That other night I went down to where Bbeta was at. Stuff had respawned, I cleared from entrance to about NG just killing everything. I calmed stuff till I got to the disco bugs and golem and killed those for gems. In the past I have frequently cleared by myself to that area. I didn't go past a certain point because I wanted to let Bbeta do his thing.

Sometimes when I clear at groups I will calm and sometimes I will say f-it and just start with a root. My charisma kind of sucks, I sometimes swap things like temporarily bag Brain to raise it. Calm still does pretty ok and there is no reason a Paly couldn't have a Calm set to have it do pretty great. I'm kind of lazy about it and just accept that I might get a crit failure and have to root.

The mobs in seb do progressively hit harder and get more resistant It's kind of interesting with bashes and stuns I sometimes gain a decent amount of hpts fighting the earlier casters due to lifetap procs. Or if I'm feeling particularly un-lazy and a mob doesn't summon I can root it and joust it.

I haven't spent a bunch of time soloing really deep in seb because it does get pretty difficult with the increased chance of resistant adds, but it's also been a long time since I tried. There isn't too much worthwhile middle of the road stuff. It's a lot more chill to solo camps in Chardok like Overseer, KM, and Battle Master.

I'm curious what mob Pint thinks a Paladin couldn't handle that an equally geared monk could. I agree with Aalpha that I think there are several that a Paladin would have a hell of a time getting solo.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 05-17-2020, 10:58 PM
Sarnak

Next Friday going to stream. Seb ent to chef and bartender
Old 05-18-2020, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

Nice
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 05-18-2020, 05:46 PM
Kobold

At bbeta, I guess my assumption was. The starter of this thread was planning to make a new character. Asking who could crawl seb in that case none because you wouldn't have the time invested or the plat resources. To get prenerfed clickies these items are extremely expensive. unless you've sunk countless hours in raiding guilds or huge amounts of time in the tunnel flipping items. Not many would be near the level of bbeta without the clickies and gear.
Old 05-18-2020, 05:50 PM
Kobold

but if you had the clickies and time invested monk - sk > pally ranger and only due to monk being better dps , sk cause can still fd ,pally can calm camp, ranger could root melee adds but both pally ranger would struggle and be close calls.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

This thread got me interested in trying some different things.

I snuck into the CoM temple just to see if I could kill some Black Reavers. Killed/IvUed/Calmed through the upper area to get back to behind the locked door. Cleared the hallway and calmed the room to pull the Black Reaver solo.

As I was killing the 3rd I thought about it and moved to a corner to los the 4th spawn. Healed up with BP but a hallway pather respawned and it agroed with it as it came around the corner. Then other respawns happened during continued fighting. Killed the 5th one and one add and was able to loot a Jade Reaver before I had to hammer out.

I did use Lay Hands just to save some mana for roots and stuff but no consumables, or soulfire clicks used, just a handful of jaspers when I was able to heal around the corner a bit.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 05-18-2020, 09:06 PM
Sarnak

With only self buffs I can solo to crypt/emp and kill the PH and then kill emp if he spawns before he buffs/summons a pet. Harder for sure with clicky nerf. Monk is 4k hp 1500 ac 255 mr self buffed. King I would have to get super lucky on quick bio orb pull and stringed pet not breaking with a early slowstone. Very doubtful that would all work out lol..
Old 05-18-2020, 10:55 PM
Banned

Good thread.

While I tend to agree an equal geared bis monk could have an easier time in Seb than a Paladin....A Paladin would 100% be funner to play...and really at this stage of p99/eq that's all that matters.

There's 5,000 monks for a reason and only 5 paladins. (Paladins are FUN)
Old 05-19-2020, 07:07 AM
Kobold

So, this whole beautiful thread and nobody commented on the race portion. I can't raid much, so I think the chance of me getting NToV dragon gear or Avatar weps are less than zero. However, I think I could probably get Greenmist + epic. Given that, should I go Ogre SK for max stat potential or should I go Iksar for ultimate end-game strength, even though I"ll never hit it. Not sure. I don't think Troll > Ogre so I didn't mention it.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivonus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, this whole beautiful thread and nobody commented on the race portion. I can't raid much, so I think the chance of me getting NToV dragon gear or Avatar weps are less than zero. However, I think I could probably get Greenmist + epic. Given that, should I go Ogre SK for max stat potential or should I go Iksar for ultimate end-game strength, even though I"ll never hit it. Not sure. I don't think Troll > Ogre so I didn't mention it.
I am a huge fan of regen. Long story short, I played and raided on both human and iksar monks. Both during Kunark, before Over Powered velious gear. And let me tell you the quality of life is fucking huge, with higher regen. Your down time is a huge issue with soloing. Less down time with better regen race.

My human monk, starting stats max str.
My iksar monk, starting stats max sta.
(Both came out of the womb with fungi. Cof. RfS. Etc, please I'm a super nerd and my first tool was a pimp shm)

My thought process for the human monk was to level as fast as possible (with out plvl) and I figured Max str gear and rely less on regen. So kill fast, less down time. So 20-40 she shredded. Soloing was np. After 40 the down time became noticeable also the need for HP rings instead of str jewelry was also needed for efficienc. With the iksar, I felt less of a slow down.

/shrug I'm a huge fan of regen. But again I'm not a good example because both my monks were well off at birth. The iksar was a beast at birth.