Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 09:28 PM
Banned

Is it jan 6 yet?
Old 01-05-2021, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree and disagree. It sounded like he went into the call explaining calmly that it would be good for careers to find votes, and repeated several debunked claims to offer them up for the potential confederates to seize, but was stymied by the adversarial stance the officials took. It demonstrates the narrow distinction between regular politicking and corruption. There basically ain't one.

For instance, whats-his-name "selling" Obama's senate seat. All he said was he "wasn't gonna give this seat up for nothing!" Not really that damning, and relatively earnest political talk, but he got witch-hunted out because the literal interpretation of those words is bad and he had enemies. Which is why Trump pardoned him. Most of Trump's pardons have been people who were singled out on a double standard or were collateral damage in larger political games, and anyone calling his pardons so far "extreme" is an abject hack, but I digress.

It would be folly to turn the call into some criminal complaint. He's just fishing for allies, albeit about the slimiest possible thing in a Democracy -- reinterpreting the vote --, which should in itself discredit him as a radical but faux-Conservatives don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. If it's fag-hating it must be Conservative to them, even if we have to burn every last institition to the ground to get them dirty sodomites, but i digress again. From a position of weakness he looks awful pathetic, so the call was entertaining and good fodder even if the pretext for getting it into everyone's ears is false.
You don’t think his pardons of the guy who committed Medicare fraud are extreme? The dude literally defrauded taxpayers out of $38 million dollars. Then he donates to Jared Kushners charity and suddenly he’s all good.

Pardons are supposed to be for arguable miscarriages of justice. Not for people who lied to protect you in investigations and people who literally stole taxpayer money.
Old 01-05-2021, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree and disagree. It sounded like he went into the call explaining calmly that it would be good for careers to find votes, and repeated several debunked claims to offer them up for the potential confederates to seize, but was stymied by the adversarial stance the officials took. It demonstrates the narrow distinction between regular politicking and corruption. There basically ain't one.

For instance, whats-his-name "selling" Obama's senate seat. All he said was he "wasn't gonna give this seat up for nothing!" Not really that damning, and relatively earnest political talk, but he got witch-hunted out because the literal interpretation of those words is bad and he had enemies. Which is why Trump pardoned him. Most of Trump's pardons have been people who were singled out on a double standard or were collateral damage in larger political games, and anyone calling his pardons so far "extreme" is an abject hack, but I digress.

It would be folly to turn the call into some criminal complaint. He's just fishing for allies, albeit about the slimiest possible thing in a Democracy -- reinterpreting the vote --, which should in itself discredit him as a radical but faux-Conservatives don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. If it's fag-hating it must be Conservative to them, even if we have to burn every last institition to the ground to get them dirty sodomites, but i digress again. From a position of weakness he looks awful pathetic, so the call was entertaining and good fodder even if the pretext for getting it into everyone's ears is false.
Blackwater?
Old 01-05-2021, 10:41 PM
Fire Giant

Pardon me, do you have any Gray Poupon?
Old 01-05-2021, 11:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blackwater?
par for the course. I'll admit they make Trump as complicit in war crimes as everyone else and are very ugly.

Obamabiden refused to prosecute our torturers in the first place and told us to suck it up, so I guess I'm number to to the atrocity stuff than I realized. I was commenting on the corruption angle. But yes I will admit the pardons are very bad for this reason you say.
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 01-05-2021 at 11:20 PM..
Old 01-05-2021, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Democrats narrowly behind with the majority of remaining untabulated votes coming from metro Atlanta, expected to be 85:15 D:R like the presidency.

Are we going to have a Democratic Senate?

PACK THE COURTS
Old 01-05-2021, 11:32 PM
Sarnak

Wait for it, R small lead, postal workers doing their thing to make up the difference

GRATS DEMS YOU WON THE SENATE!!!!!
Old 01-05-2021, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait for it, R small lead, postal workers doing their thing to make up the difference

I almost kinda like your delusional little universe better, where Republicans blatantly, unabashedly, and sloppily try to cheat, yet fail, and democrats cheat furtively and win.
Old 01-05-2021, 11:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I almost kinda like your delusional little universe better, where Republicans blatantly, unabashedly, and sloppily try to cheat, yet fail, and democrats cheat furtively and win.
You nailed it, Republicans are total failures even Trump can't adequately describe how they are being F'd by the Dems. Grats liberals you have won total control over the government for the remainder of history. Looking forward to all your great proposals.
Old 01-05-2021, 11:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can you please provide proof? 68 lawsuits found no evidence. Weird. Also, you should stop voting forever.
Closed Thread