Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-05-2015, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Default Siren Grotto nerf/revamp

When will we be getting this on Project1999? The Siren Grotto we have now lasted less than 3 months on Live.

Patch note from Feb 02 2001:

Quote:
Update: We also made several changes to Siren's Grotto to address player concerns with the difficulty of the zone.
Some comments from Allakhazam and other from after the patch:

Quote:
Siren's Grotto has recently been changed so that single groups can get good experience here; a lot of the unneccesary dangers have been reduced, and the magic and other resistances of the creatures have been lowered.
Biggest change was making it easier to Mez mobs, lowering damage from mobs (right now some trash hits for over 300), and one of the big changes was removing the 500dmg/Dispel AE from Ice Servants.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 11-06-2015, 12:34 PM
Sarnak

I think the problem is that SG was again revamped in June 2001 and it's hard to find definitive proof of what the zone was like between the current timeline and then.

The one thing I could find is that the seahorses are hitting too hard.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Hoping they leave this zone alone, its pretty much the only challenging one group content left in p99.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hoping they leave this zone alone, its pretty much the only challenging one group content left in p99.
There's plenty of challenge. People just don't see the reward in a lot of it.

Like 1-grouping PoHate 2nd floor or PoGrowth. Or 1-2 grouping Halls of Testing. Or 1-grouping Armors/Guardians of Zek. Or many epic fights.

SG is sort of a meh zone. I just wish there were a way to recover the faction in there so that I could actually hunt there and then fix it to alliance neck my way across.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

It's challenging, but that makes it pretty dead as a zone. Now that DN is fixed, that's where most will go to farm BP gems.

Ice Servants' DS and trash being super resistant to Mez mean you need a cleric for MoK and a monk to pull if you want to do anything as a single group. Not to mention the 500 dmg AE and trash hits for 250+

Obviously Verant saw it the same way which is why the original version lasted 2 months only.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 11-06-2015, 09:42 PM
Banned

i love grouping in SG

probably the most fun non-raid zone in velious
Old 11-17-2015, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Bump

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 11-17-2015, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

i agree, leave SG the way it is. Inflated itemization and over leveled characters make this game trivial in almost every case. God forbid you can't duo an entire zone. Got to build a well balanced group ? Might as well not even log in
Old 11-17-2015, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, everyone loves Siren's so much that the zone's almost always empty, just like Chardok when there's no AE group there.

Classic is classic, and current Siren's wasn't classic past the first few months.

Danth
Old 12-25-2015, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would change this to say challenging trio content. I've been in several full groups and every time we've steamrolled it. This zone has some really cool mechanics, and I'm pretty sure I can keep the temple area down with a trio. Svenn and I wiped after he succumbed to the feminine wiles of a siren enticer, though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also I really don't think the Sirens have enhanced MR. I was able to consistently land pretty much the entire enchanter arsenal of slows, mezzes, stuns, charms, etc. Many of these targets are 53+ and buffed with Shielding and Resist Magic; you can't expect to land everything without dispelling them.