Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-26-2016, 02:17 AM
Sarnak

Default Plane of Mischief - Funny Money / Puppets / Other

Hi,

I'm going to get straight to the point of what needs to be adjusted.

1) -Card drop rates need to be increased. Or more specifically Thrones. This coincides with Peachy needing 4 Funny Money's. Higher card drop rate works with needing the obscene amount of 4 Funny Money's to get a Gift Box. Since you must melt down armor so to speak to get said Funny Money.

OR

2) -Card Drop rates remain the same. However, 2 Funny Moneys is required on Turn in instead of 4. Also, Words of Wealth combined in Pot O'Gold with Words of Wealth: Top Left to create "1 Funny Money" needs to be implemented.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---My Experience in Plane of Mischief on LIVE --- NOT EQ MAC ----

I spent close to a year in this zone on Live, Everyday. While I was there, I specifically remember using (Words of Wealth) and Words of Wealth: Top Left in the Pot O'Gold to get a Funny Money. As this was an easier path for the Necromancer to take to obtain their armor mainly solo. Thrones being much rarer in my experience, but I also struggled to clear Alice 4 Mobs/Stomples.

As a Necro, I had to use the Rooted-Halflings in the End of Alice, by using their Arrow shots to collide into other Mobs, Casting FD, then Agro'ing that mob onto the Halflings from which shot the Arrow. This allowed NPC fights to help me DPS them down with my dots. I cannot prove this. But Why would I make this up? I don't expect such an exploit to be added into P99. But just some more Classic information.

I've tried digging through past posts to find that Words of Wealth PLUS a Words of Wealth: TOP LEFT are used to create a funny money.

=======
This is the best I could find: https://web.archive.org/web/20031013...picID=15.topic
=======

All I can say is: Note the post Authors name, Rorgg. Posts: 1
(8/13/01 4:05 pm) This does not prove at our current May Timeline on P99 that WoW + WoW:TL Combine should create a Funny Money. But it's the closest information I got to back up my own 100% truthful experience about Funny Money being able to be combined this way.

---------------Puppets and Audience members would fight each other-----------------
I can confirm this from live: as a Necromancer, I would drag audience members to the stage to help me out on Killing Puppets. Not sure if P99 staff wants this in the game either, but it is classic. KOS Puppets will fight other NPC's, such as audience members.

Here's proof to the discussion.

=====
https://web.archive.org/web/20020116...icID=454.topic
=====

According to this post, best proof that I have that drop rates are too low on P99 compared to many others' experience. Ex: 2 Thrones off 22, multiple thrones in puppet clearings.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030526...icID=396.topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to keep researching and bump this post with timestamp/edits if I find anymore proof. This is just what I could find so far after a few hours looking. I'd love to see Plane of Mischief brought to exactly what it needs to be, it's close, but needs some adjustments in the above departments to be a closer-to-classic experience here on Project 1999. As it stands, the drop rates mixed with needing 4 funny moneys which require melted armor is a more hardcore classic experience, and PoM was already grindy back then on Live.

Thanks for all the work you do on P99. I look forward to a developers response.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solrokk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 Funny Moneys is supposed to be required on Turn in instead of 4. Also, Words of Wealth combined in Pot O'Gold with Words of Wealth: Top Left to create "1 Funny Money" needs to be implemented.
Did this ever get addressed? It was also brought up with proof in another thread, where a developer had previously responded but then ignored the proof - https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...2&postcount=28

Plane of Mischief was one of the most fun zones for PvP, would be nice for it to be worth playing in, with the proper turn-in's working as they are supposed to so that people actually want to invest time in the zone.

Also there's another thread going on about certain mobs having incorrect loot tables which still hasn't been addressed, starting with this post - https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...3&postcount=62

Very interested in this zone being correct, if I were to ever play again.